Country Advocacy Lead
Apply By: 24 Apr 2021
About the Organization:
BASF are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for their customers and for a sustainable future. Their success as a company relies on the engagement of their employees. They encourage our employees to develop their strengths, and they recognize their achievements.
Position: Country Advocacy Lead
Ensure timely Registration of Crop Protection Products and Pest Control and Non-Crop products (Central Insecticide Board, Ministry of Agriculture) and support Regulatory function to take pragmatic decisions on registration timeline.
- Interact and negotiate with representatives from governmental authorities to achieve regulatory objectives.
- Support the implementation of country registration plans.
- Design and execute optimized country registration strategies to achieve the agreed business goals, identify and communicate potential short- and long-term regulatory issues and trends with support of experienced colleagues
Defend existing registrations
- Take steps to defend BASF active ingredients in review programs. Guide team on data generation for product defence after getting thorough information from regulators and registration committee.
- Manage country product stewardship / sustainability programs related to the active ingredient or products under responsibility through regulatory measures as appropriate.
- Ensure that alternatives for products to be phased-out are registered on time.
- Management of change (recipe change and source changes of formulation and technical materials) is timely addressed so as not to disrupt existing business
- Advocate better pesticide regulations with authorities and other stakeholders (relevant government bodies and authorities), NGO’s, internal BASF, etc, in the country.
- Provide leadership and coordination of BASF Crop Protection Government Affairs & Issue Management initiatives, in alignment with the Global Governmental Affairs and Issue Management Team, based on BASF core values and guidelines.
Objectives and Summary:
Steer and coordinate legislative efforts by working with governmental and national authorities in India towards a positive regulatory environment for the agrochemical industry and BASF.
- Influence development of new legislations pertaining to LTO for BASF Crop Protection business by creating policy proposal and working with government agencies and national authorities.
- Provide strategic analysis of trends and expedite management of emerging issues of strategic importance to the company.
- Min Msc Ag, or post graduate into allied science courses.
- Or BSc Agricultural Sciences with MBA in Agricultural business
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd