Country Research Coordinator, DOS/Evaluation-American Spaces Program
Organization: Social Impact
Apply By: 17 Oct 2020
About the Organization:
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
Position: Country Research Coordinator (CRC), DOS/Evaluation of the American Spaces Program, India
The Country Research Coordinator (CRC) will provide logistical and administrative support to the evaluation team to ensure a smooth and successful fieldwork period. The CRC is responsible for coordinating team travel, lodging, and meeting spaces; scheduling Key Informant Interviews (KIIs); providing input on local context; and sourcing evaluation resources and supplies. We are recruiting for CRCs who will assist the evaluation team as they conduct overseas data collection in India.
In Phase 1 of data collection (approximately August 1, 2020 - October 30, 2020), the CRC will support the team by conducting phone surveys in English and Tamil.
In Phase 2 of data collection (approximately November 2020 - March 2021), the CRC will provide administrative support to the team who will travel to the country to conduct in-person interviews and focus group discussions. If travel is feasible due to the COVID-19 pandemic and/or client direction, the CRC will further support by facilitating focus group discussions and participating in virtual training sessions.
- Preparing the team for fieldwork
- Scheduling interviews and meetings for in-country data collection
- Maintaining regular communication with SI’s management team
- Conducting qualitative and quantitative data collection
- Handling logistics of data collection (setting up interviews, tracking completions, locating participants, identifying and setting up locations for interviews and focus groups, etc)
- Support research team with facilitation of focus group discussions.
- Bachelor’s degree in political science, international affairs/relations or a related field.
- Prior experience coordinating with respondents and partners – including youth, developing country governments, ministries, universities, and/or local NGOs on behalf of implementation or evaluation teams.
- Must be able to work independently, with minimal supervision, within the context of a larger team.
- Experience handling logistics of data collection (locating participants, setting up interviews, tracking completions, identifying and setting up locations for interviews and focus groups, etc).
- Experience with data entry and transcription of qualitative data preferred.
- Experience conducting interviews and/or focus group discussions.
- Exceptional communication skills in English and Tamil.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd