Deputy Director - HR and Administration
Organization: Coalition for Disaster Resilient Infrastructure (CDRI)
Apply By: 29 May 2020
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
The Coalition for Disaster Resilient Infrastructure (CDRI) is a multi-stakeholder global partnership of national governments, UN agencies and programmes, multilateral development banks and financing mechanisms, the private sector, and academic and knowledge institutions. It aims to address the challenges of building resilience into infrastructure systems and development associated with it. The vision, mission, goal and objectives of the CDRI are explicitly linked to the post-2015 development agendas. The Coalition will also contribute to the resilience of the global infrastructure systems in an increasingly interconnected world. The outcome of such collaboration would be aimed at building resilient economies and resilient people through cross-sector commitments at all levels towards adaptation and resilience with concrete outcomes that will bring resilience action to global scale.
The CDRI will support countries to upgrade their systems for ensuring disaster and climate resilience of existing and future infrastructure. It seeks to rapidly expand the development of and retrofit resilient infrastructure to respond to the SDGs objectives of expanding universal access to basic services, enabling prosperity, and decent work. CDRI envisions enabling measurable reduction in infrastructure losses from disasters including extreme climate events.
The Government of India has established a Society in New Delhi to act as the Secretariat of CDRI. The Secretariat functions under the direction of the international Governing Council and implements the programs of CDRI. This position is being advertised for staff positions on Fixed Term Contract of three (3) years.
Objective of this position:
The Deputy Director (HR & Administration) will be responsible for all works related to Administration & Procurement.
Role and Responsibilities:
Work under the overall guidance of the CEO and under the direct supervision of Director Operations to:
- Coordinate daily operational functions, streamlining management systems, and support Director Operations.
- Monitor budgets, supervise managers, support audits, and analyse financial data for administrative and procurement related work.
- Manage administrative budgets and hiring and training administrative staff.
- Negotiating contracts and agreements with vendors.
- Monitor operating expenses.
- Develop and communicate a procurement plan, oversee development and administration of contracts with external suppliers and manage procurement policies, procedures and programs with a focus on their ability to enhance organisational value and efficiency.
- Serve as the primary contact for procurement, training, policy and procedure interpretation, and alignment by all divisions.
- Support in centralised procurement program that adds value and efficiency to the organisation.
- Process purchase orders, develop bids and proposals and reconcile discrepancies in invoicing.
- Develop and implement organisational policies related to administration including development and implementation of HR related activities and supervision of activities for efficient and conducive working environments and processes.
- Develop, communicate and administer performance development plans and appraisals.
- Recruitment for positions through defined procedure in CDRIS.
- Designing Job Descriptions across all levels and for all verticals
- Induction and orientation of employees on CDRIS programmes
- Training employees on knowledge about CDRI Systems, procedures and protocols. Develop Training Plan and Training Calendar for the employees based on Skill Map Analysis for the phase wise development of Training Modules and continuous process of Capacity Building.
- Carry out Skill Gap Analysis by development of Skill Mapping format for identifying next phase of training needs.
- Design and Develop formats for Annual Performance Appraisal for the GLPC employees.
- Design and Implement Policies related to Compensation, Promotion, Interns, Short Term Consultants, Grievance Redressal and Exit.
- Development of HR Policy & Manuals: Development of a uniform and comprehensive HR Policy by the development of Human Resource, Capacity Building, and Performance Appraisal and Incentive Manual
- Employees Empowerment, Employee Engagement, Employee Retention
- Any other work relating to administrations of CDRIS.
- Should possess administrative experience knowledge and actual application of various administrative and financial rules/regulations;
- Should have practical experience of the exercise of administrative and financial powers.
- Should be familiar with the policies and programs of the Government and Non-governmental organization and capable of holding independent charge of an office;
- Excellent verbal and written communication, analytical skills, negotiation, problem solving, facilitation, teamwork, multitasking;
- Strong interpersonal and written and oral communication skills;
- Past track record/Ability to work independently, deliver timely and quality products; and
- Computer proficiency, especially related to professional office software packages (Microsoft Office) and SAP purchase order systems.
- Experience of working in and collaborating with international organisations.
- Graduation in any field. Post-graduate qualification in HR or related field.
- Minimum 10 years work experience in in multi-national, international, Government, non-governmental or private organizations in Administration /related field.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd