Deputy Director - Strategic Partnership
Apply By: 30 Sep 2020
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
Breakthrough is seeking a highly motivated Deputy Director of Strategic Partnerships to work out of Delhi office. The position will be responsible for leading all facets of Breakthrough’s relationship management and engagement with our existing priority strategic partners and develop partnership that is crucial for Breakthrough’s operation.
This position will report to the Senior Director, Strategic Partnerships and will work closely with the senior leadership team.
- Support continuous, effective integration of strategic partner requirements and information needs with all other functions within the Breakthrough team, including the Senior Leadership Team.
- Research, identify and outline a partner prospecting plan to grow the range and size of Breakthrough’s strategic partnerships; prepare marketing materials reflecting BT’s operating model, unique selling proposition and value to strategic partners for pursuit of prospects
- Conceptualise new strategic partnerships that could be built around or benefit from corporate, foundation, government, bilateral organisations or other partnerships.
- Develop, implement and refresh a proactive retention and growth strategy for strategic partnerships, to include engagement of key SLT leaders and influencers, leveraging Breakthrough's expertise, and incorporation of partner interests/presence in Breakthrough events
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to structure and execute scale-up initiatives, lead analysis and develop and communicate final recommendations for growing partner relationships
- Coordinate the management of ongoing relationships with existing partners and where relevant, leverage those relationships to greater collective impact
- Partner with the Communications and Media Head to develop comprehensive, focused, customizable, relevant and regularly refreshed outreach materials to support partner reporting and prospecting efforts
- Develop and manage events in support of Breakthrough strategic initiatives
- Project and promote Breakthrough’s initiatives to new audiences and partners
- Provide timely and accurate reporting of pipeline, strategic partnerships and management activities
Desired Qualification, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in Business Administration or a similar field preferred
- Strong interest in and understanding of the Breakthrough’s mission; related work experience with gender, human rights, sexuality is preferred
- At least 12 to 15 years of experience in the not-for- profit sector with considerable years in a senior management role
- Proven ability to find strategic partnerships that have led to increase outreach and contracts
- Proven ability to negotiate and work with high level executives and Govt. officials
- Exceptional skills in the areas of interpersonal interactions, professional discretion, confidentiality and accountability
- Strong relationship building skills and an entrepreneurial approach that leverages further opportunities
- Excellent verbal and written communications, especially adept at developing and pitching persuasive development presentations and execution plans
- Able to travel to both domestic and international locations to meet and liaise with potential partners and clients
- Ability to work for extended days and on weekends during critical points
Breakthrough was founded in 1999 with the mission of using arts and culture to bring human rights issues -- especially violence and discrimination against marginalized groups -- into mainstream conversation and inspire critical masses of people to take action for change. Its first project was Mann ke Manjeeré (An Album of Women’s Dreams), an award-winning music album and video compilation that stirred unprecedented discussion across India about women’s rights and brought the problem of domestic violence out from behind closed doors. Today, Breakthrough works to activate the critical mass of people who will deliver the culture change needed to make violence against women and girls unacceptable worldwide.
Over the years Breakthrough is working on preventing Violence against Women & Girls, Breakthrough has a deep understanding of the interlinkages between its various manifestations. Breakthrough has made innovative use of media, arts and technology including digital and mobiles to usher in social change to end violence against women and promote a culture of human rights. Strategic partnership with the Ministry of Women and Child Development for dissemination of our media and IEC products which ensures that the messaging reaches large numbers as can be seen by the Bell Bajao campaign that reached 130 million in Phase I and 110 million in Phase II. The support was received pro-bono and is estimated to be worth INR 150 million. The Ministry has adopted Breakthrough’s MissionHazaar campaign on preventing sex selection under its flagship “Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao” campaign and is disseminating the TV spots, curriculum and communication guide in 12 Indian languages.
The position holder will be expected to work in line with organisational values which are:
Breakthrough is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, caste, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, economic status, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Our policies and procedures reflect our commitment to child safeguarding.
To know more about Breakthrough, please visit – www.inbreakthrough.org
Eligible candidates interested in this position may submit a resume accompanied by a cover letter, giving reasons in support of the suitability for the position, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by or before September 30, 2020
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd