Organization: Development Monitoring and Evaluation Office (DMEO) - NITI Aayog
Apply By: 24 Dec 2020
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
About the Organization:
The National Institution for Transforming India (NITI Aayog) is the premier policy Think Tank of the Govt. of India which is engaged in a number of transformational initiatives as a catalyst and an accelerator of change across sectors in partnership with Central Ministries and the State Governments.
Development Monitoring and Evaluation Office (DMEO) is an attached office of NITI Aayog to fulfill the mandate of Monitoring and Evaluation assigned to NITI Aayog. DMEO conducts high-quality monitoring and evaluation of government programs to improve effectiveness, efficiency, equity and sustainability of service delivery, outcomes and impacts. Improving the quality of data collection, reducing the time lag between data collection and use for monitoring and policy purposes, improving the data analytics to achieve deeper insights for real time outcome monitoring, conducting rigorous outcome evaluation, among others, are some of the challenges
Position: Director in DMEO, NITI Aayog.
Number of Vacancies: 11 (tentative)
Purpose of the position
DMEO is inviting applications for the post of Director based at the NITI Aayog office located in New Delhi to drive and support DMEO’s mission of improving the sustainable outcomes and impacts of the government programs, by enabling high-quality monitoring and evaluation of government programs. DMEO is seeking a highly committed individual with relevant professional experience to manage and execute monitoring and evaluation projects across various sectors and schemes of Ministries/Departments of Government of India.
As Director, s/he will be required to execute and provide technical support to the Senior Management on the following:
1. Monitoring of ongoing government policies and programmes with recommendations for course corrections
- Reviewing frameworks developed for monitoring output and outcome indicators for existing and new schemes; engaging with key stakeholders including NITI Verticals, Ministries/Departments, Department of Expenditure among others for finalisation of frameworks.
- Facilitating and driving creation and maintenance of dashboards for monitoring.
- Monitoring the performance on MIS/dashboards; managing related data and dashboard.
- Preparing scheme performance assessment reports based on progress data.
- Monitoring and analysing performance of key infrastructure and social sectors, issues/challenges and preparing recommendations after discussion with key stakeholders for review at the highest levels of the Government.
- Support the team monitoring Global Indices for reform and growth to drive reforms and growth in the country
2. Evaluation studies of government schemes and programmes with recommendations for course corrections
- Design, plan, drive and manage evaluations to assess the performance of Government interventions across the region/country to provide insights and recommendations to stakeholders to guide decision-making.
- Design, plan and manage quick evaluation/research through outsource/in-house teams
- Coordinate the procurement process for technical consultancy services for monitoring and evaluation projects; coordinate and manage deliverables from external Consultants.
3. Driving innovation and technology use for evidence generation and uptake
- Lead and support initiatives directed at exploring and promoting research, innovation, data and use of technology by the team in the M&E domain.
- Conducting or providing support to data quality assessments.
- Analysis of primary and secondary data sets – both qualitative and quantitative.
4. Institutional advancement and communication
- Cultivate strategic partnerships with leading national and international organizations such as multilaterals, NGOs and academic institutions in the Social Sector.
- Support initiatives for capacity building and other engagements within DMEO, Central & State Governments and other stakeholders for institutional learning.
- Research and prepare policy notes, articles, reports etc for dissemination of knowledge on topics pertaining to M&E.
- Develop primary/secondary data collection tools, SOPs, toolkits and Best Practice reports to standardize and improve M&E processes based on project experience and secondary research.
5. Other duties as assigned
Essential Educational Qualification:
- Masters' Degree in any discipline or MBBS or Degree in Engineering or Technology from a recognized University or Passed in Sections A and B of the Institution Examinations of the Institute of Engineers (India) or Post Graduate Diploma in Management (Two years).
Desirable Educational Qualification:
- Doctorate in any discipline or Master’s Degree in Engineering
Age (for contractual appointment): Not less than 33 years but not exceeding 50 years
Level and Pay Matrix for Deputation (ISTC): Level-13: Rs. 123100-215900
Consolidated Pay for contractual appointment: Rs. 215900/-
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd