District Coordinator (Research)
Organization: Watershed Support Services and Activities Network (WASSAN)
Apply By: 05 Jul 2020
About the Organization:
Watershed Support Services and Activities Network (WASSAN) is a national-level support and resource organization working towards improving policy and practice related to rain-fed agriculture; natural resource management and livelihoods promotion following watershed management principles.
Position: District Coordinator (Research)
Coordinating Action Research initiatives on Millets with District ATMA and other departmental agencies, NGO Partners, Community Organizations, consumers, enterprises and farmers.
The District Coordinator (Research) (referred to as “The Coordinator” further) will coordinate Action Research initiatives on Millets with District ATMA and other departmental agencies, NGO Partners, Community Organizations, consumers, enterprises and farmers.
- The Coordinator will be responsible for designing innovative research projects around agro-ecological practices in millets, understanding consumption practices around millets, linkages between culture and agriculture.
- The Coordinator will conduct and manage research related capacity building programmes, conduct regular field visits and monitor quality data collection for the project.
- The Coordinator will be responsible for daily project management of Research components- budgeting, planning and general monitoring of the project.
- The Coordinator will be responsible for facilitating monthly review of the programme by District Administration and ATMA.
- The Coordinator will be responsible for reporting on project progress vis-à-vis indicators in the log-frame to the State Secretariat at State Level and concerned agencies at the district level.
Desired Candidate Profile
- Candidate must possess a Masters’ degree in Social Sciences / Rural Development / Agribusiness / Social Work / Tribal Studies / Gender Studies / Women’s Studies / Anthropology with 2-3 years of field experience in agriculture based programmes.
- Candidates with a Masters’ / Bachelor’s degree from other disciplines like Management / Engineering with proven experience on research will be considered.
- Candidates with qualifications higher than the above are eligible to apply.
- Experience of working on millets would be an added advantage.
- Candidate must have good comprehension, writing skills and be well versed with MS Office.
- Candidates with knowledge of any data analysis softwares like MS Access, SPSS will be preferred.
- Candidate will be stationed in the district and will be required to travel extensively for field visits and to Bhubaneswar as per the need.
- Candidates with experience of working in Odisha will be preferred.
- Candidate must have experience of working with NGOs and Government agencies.
- Candidate should be self-driven in bringing in new ideas.
Language: Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and Odia is a must. Working knowledge of Hindi is an advantage.
Compensation: Salary will be in the range of 3.5 to 4.5 lakhs per annum, commensurate with qualification & experience of the candidates.
Period of Contract: Contract will be for a period of 1 year after initial probation period of 3 months to be renewed annually
Interested candidates must email their latest resume/CV with cover letter mentioning their motivation for the job and the specific skills and experience that makes them suitable for the job. Last date for submitting applications is 5th July 2020 and they must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com indicating “APPLICATION FOR DISTRICT COORDINATOR (RESEARCH)"in the subject line.
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd