Organization: World Health Organization (WHO)
Apply By: 25 Sep 2020
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
About the Organization:
World Health Organization (WHO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that is concerned with international public health. WHO are responsible for the World Health Report, the worldwide World Health Survey, and World Health Day.
Position: Executive Assistant - (2003625)
The mission of WHE is to build the capacity of Member States of the South East Asia Region, to manage health emergency risks and, when national capacities are overwhelmed, to lead and coordinate the international health response to contain outbreaks and to provide effective relief and recovery to affected populations. This includes detecting, verifying and assessing the risk of potential and ongoing health emergencies; establishing data collection mechanisms and monitoring ongoing health emergency operations; providing data management, analytics and reporting platform to produce and disseminate timely emergency health information products.
Description of Duties
Under the direct supervision and guidance of Programme Area Manager, HIM, the incumbent performs the following:
- Review incoming correspondence and ensurer outing to responsible officer, attaching background documents and highlighting areas requiring action; draft replies on general and administrative matters; ensure outgoing correspondence and reports conform to WHO standards; develop tracking tools to follow up target dates and deadlines
- Create and/or maintain filing systems and ensure updated information; obtain documents and information from in-house and external sources and perform information search as required
- Provide guidance to other staff on office procedures and WHO standards
- Provide support in the monitoring implementation of the work plan, including timely information on budget ceiling/award budgets, monitor income and expenditure and funds available;follow up on financial/budgetary issues and ensure timely processing of committal documents; assist in the preparation of financial and technical progress reports to donors.
- Prepare contracts for consultants, Agreement for Performance (APW), Technical Services Agreements (TSA) and General External Services requests (GES); record receipt of deliverables and initiate and monitor payment
- Initiate requisitions for goods procurement and record receipt of deliverables
- Maintain and update a roster of experts having a database of CVs of candidates and experts, and initiate processes relating to recruitment of personnel.
Meeting Administration/Duty Travel
- Coordinate administrative preparation for meetings, seminars, workshops, ensuring all necessary documents and travel requests are sent to participants; prepare relevant documents and power-point presentations.
- Obtain briefing and prepare background materials for meetings, seminars, workshops, etc., and ensure complete documentation is provided to the unit staff attending the meeting
- Prepare travel requests for official travel,make flight and hotel reservations, prepare travel files and ensure logistic arrangements for smooth conduct of the meetings/workshops in the office and outside venues
- Schedule unit meetings and prepare minutes
- Handle visitors and telephone calls and take action as appropriate, providing background information for appointments
- Perform other related duties as required or instructed, including providing support to other areas of work within WHE.
Essential: Completion of Secondary School education.
Desirable: Training in secretarial practices. University degree is an asset.
Essential: Atleast five (5) years' experience in secretarial/clerical/administrative work
Desirable: Experience in WHO or in another UN/International organization would be an advantage.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd