Field Mentors (On Third Party Payroll)
Apply By: 24 Oct 2022
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
PATH began its work in India in the late 1990s, bringing governments, communities, private-sector companies, and experienced public health practitioners together to address some of the country’s most crucial health problems. In early 2000, the scope of our India program expanded with a major immunization initiative for the state of Andhra Pradesh. Today, PATH’s India projects focus on TB, HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis-C, immunization, injection safety, maternal health, and more.
PATH is currently recruiting Field Mentors under Sunshine project in Manipur, Mizoram and Nagaland.
Scope of Work of Field Mentor
- Operationalize innovative interventions among FSW, MSM, TG, PWID, FIDU and other vulnerable population: Based on the results of the feasibility assessment, Mentors at the field level will finalize the strategies and sites in consultation with the community, TI NGOs, PATH staff and SACS for initiating the following activities:
- Index testing for the PLHIV clients registered with TI NGOs and OST/ Satellite OST /ICTC and ART centres
- Index testing of newly found HIV positive clients in private hospitals, rehabilitation centres and Integrated Care Centres
- Support Peer Navigators in the navigation of clients for linkage to ART and Viral Load (VL) testing and tracking of lost-to-follow-up (LFU) in ART and OST centres
- Help SNM team in the selection of seeds
- Undertake low threshold interventions:
- Secondary distribution of needle and syringes through various strategies such as primary health centers (PHC), peer volunteers, non-traditional outlets, tobacco shops, pharmacies and preferred healthcare providers.
- Take home dosing, family counseling and flexi-timing, satellite OST in OST program.
- Any other innovations under PATH
- Build capacity of TI NGO staff (Outreach workers and Peer Educators) in implementing the standard operating procedures (SOPs) and guidelines developed for carrying-out low threshold interventions on secondary distribution of needle and syringes and take-home dosing; micro-planning; prioritization; index testing including linkage to ART and VL testing based on revised TI strategy under national program.
- Coordinate with district officials including District AIDS Prevention and Control Units (DAPCU) (wherever present) and attend important coordination committee meetings called on HIV/AIDS in the district
- Perform any other task assigned by the State Coordinator PATH from time to time.
Reporting: Will report to State Program Officer – Prevention & Case Finding.
Grade: D grade
Salary range: Mid -range of D grade salary
Number of roles : 15
Must have legal authorization to work in India.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV at email@example.com
Deadline for applications: 23th October 2022.
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd