Food Security & Livelihoods Specialist
Organization: Plan International
Apply By: 11 Dec 2020
About the Organization:
Plan International is a nationally registered not for profit organization striving to advance children’s rights and equality for girls, thus creating a lasting impact in the lives of vulnerable and excluded children and their communities. Since 1979, Plan India and its partners have improved the lives of millions of children and young people by enabling them access to protection, quality education and healthcare services, a healthy environment, livelihood opportunities and participation in decisions which affect their lives. Plan India is a member of the Plan International Federation, an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
Position: Food Security & Livelihoods Specialist
Dimensions of the Role:
- Responsible for leading Plan International’s global technical work on food security and livelihoods including the development and dissemination of sector integrated guidance, tools, monitoring and evaluation, knowledge management and training materials.
- Providing high level guidance, capacity building & technical support in the development of quality integrated programs that support and inform policy position.
- Responsible for supporting Plan International’s Country Offices, Regional Offices and development networks/hubs to incorporate food security and livelihoods into development and humanitarian programs.
- The post holder will be expected to strengthen and foster a global internal network of food and economic security practitioners within Plan International
- Responsible for strategic external representation of Plan International in relevant events and networks related to food security and livelihoods bringing evidence from the field and technical expertise.
- The post holder will ensure all work is developed and implemented in ways that improve gender equality and empower girls and women
- Technical Leadership & Programming (60%)
- Learning, Capacity Building & Information Management (20%)
- External Representation (10%)
- Fundraising (5%)
- Policy and Advocacy (5%)
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd