HR Business Partner
Organization: International Rice Research Institute (IRRI)
Apply By: 14 Jul 2022
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
About the Organization
The International Rice Research Institute (IRRI) is dedicated to reducing poverty and hunger through rice science; improving the health and welfare of rice farmers and consumers; and protecting the rice-growing environment for future generations. IRRI is an independent, nonprofit, research and educational institute, founded in 1960 by the Ford and Rockefeller foundations with support from the Philippine government. The institute, headquartered in Los Baños, Philippines, has offices in 17 rice-growing countries in Asia and Africa, and over 1,000 staff.
The HR Business Partner – India & Nepal is responsible for the delivery of HR support, advice and development across HR life cycle [Recruitment, Onboarding, Development Engagement and Exit] supported as necessary by headquarters based HR business partners leading specific elements of the HR lifecycle activities.
Under the general direction of the Corporate Services Manager (CSM) with dotted line to HQ HR Manager, administers human resource policies and procedures and ensure the highest quality of services in compliance with local labour laws. The HRBP will work closely with key stakeholders to identify local L&D needs and roll out appropriate support interventions aligned with IRRI’s overall operational plan and strategy.
Specifically, the post holder is responsible for
- The local application of relevant and appropriate HR policy and practice while adhering to the overarching IRRI HR policies and procedures framework.
- Maintaining effective and continuous communication with local staff to create awareness about IRRI policies including but not limited to: IRRI code of Conduct, Compensation and Benefits, Gender Diversity & Inclusion and, career development.
- Periodically monitoring policy and practice to ensure that these remain relevant and fit for purpose for IRRI offices in India & Nepal.
- Being a ‘one-stop shop point of contact’ on key people issues in India & Nepal
- Providing ‘internal consultancy’ and business partnering support to the country senior management team
- Facilitating & administering staff engagement workshops and meetings
- Ensuring peripatetic visibility of HR support by periodic field office and operations visits across IRRI locations in India and Nepal.
- Providing high quality and timely HR support to staff while ensuring data protection, security and confidentiality.
- Lead on country office learning and development initiative in partnership with HR team based at the IRRI Headquarters.
- Building and maintaining effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders for efficient and smooth service delivery and generation of accurate HR related data reports as may be occasionally required by CO and HQ based management.
- Contribute to and lead on key HR & OD initiatives as directed by the HR Manager/Director of HR & OD.
- Lead implementation and administration of HR policies, procedures and programs to ensure high quality of services and promote positive workplace relations for nationally and globally recruited staff in the country office.
- Lead on end-to-end recruitment process for both nationally recruited staff, short-term appointments ensuring an open, transparent, fair and competitive selection process.
- Ensure a comprehensive on-boarding Induction programme for new staff and refresher for existing staff as may be required.
- Implement and sustain an equitable and competitive compensation and benefits structure to attract and retain good quality staff.
- Monitor and implement changes/updates in local labor law to ensure IRRI policies comply with local employment law.
- Manage learning and development programme in partnership with HQ HR Team for country office staff ensuring critical individual and institutional strategic development needs are met.
- Provide effective policy guidance to managers to ensure timely and productive decision making.
- Recommend and introduce continuous process improvement to provide for strong and high quality HR services to stakeholders and alignment with market best practices.
- Prepare MOUs for HR related contracts and develop agreement with service providers.
- Maintain accurate and up to date staff database and share reports with key stakeholders.
- Build and maintain strong relations with internal stakeholders including NRS, GRS, Country Representative and Regional Representative.
- Liaise with HQ HR to ensure IIO HR processes are aligned with IRRI HR guidelines and provide timely updates on local labor law
- Coordinate with external stakeholders such as necessary representatives from the government, other CG centers for purposes of policy updates and introduction of best practices.
- Engage and network with staff to ensure awareness of HR related updates and access to necessary HR related documents.
- Guide and network with managers for efficient performance management of staff.
- Carry out all business partnering activities by providing necessary information and guidanceto facilitate and support managers on HR/people related decisions.
- Ensure timely processing of NRS payroll input and short term/consultant professional fees every month.
- Maintain and generate accurate staff reports for purposes of project review and budget planning.
- Ensure management of individual personal files (IPF) in accordance with IRRI policies and local employment law and maintaining data confidentiality and security.
- Maintain efficient HR related documentation including but not limited to disciplinary proceedings, salary increments, letters issued to staff for purposes of HR audit requirements and smooth HR functioning.
- Prepare and execute comprehensive recruitment plans for large projects in consultation with project leads and recruiting managers.
- Prepare and execute quality induction programmes for new staff to ensure on-boarding HR support and guidance to managers and access to critical employment related information.
- Provide counselling to staff and grievance procedures and performance related concerns to manage complaints arising from employees/supervisors and provide for dispute resolution services.
- Manage exit procedures ensuring smooth exit process and conducting exit interviews to gather feedback and share critical information for process improvement with the CO management.
- Identify work objectives, provide performance feedback to HR team and suggest development initiatives to optimize on productivity and achievement of HR goals.
Education Qualification/Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Personnel Management, Industrial psychology or another related discipline with minimum 7 years of relevant practical work experience in a shared services platform, or;
- Master’s degree in Human Resource Management, Personnel Management, industrial psychology or another related discipline with 5 years of relevant work experience in shared services platform
- Experience in supervising and team management
- Strong skills for management of interpersonal relations
- Is client service oriented
- Has excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience of working in a gender sensitive work environment
- Has excellent organization skills, sound analytical and problem solving skills combined with high drive and self-motivation
- Has significant experience in policy interpretation and labor law compliance
- Consistently maintains confidentiality
- Has ability to multi task and work in fast paced environment
- Can effectively establish priorities and meet deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft office, experienced in using database system
- Excellent report writing skills
- Has experience of working in an international work environment, non-government sector and/or agriculture sector
- Experienced in using an ERP system
For more information Please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd