Organization: Greenpeace India
Apply By: 09 Jul 2020
About the Organization:
Greenpeace exists because this fragile earth deserves a voice. It needs solutions. It needs change. It needs action. Around the globe, they are standing up for our communities, and they are holding governments and corporations accountable. To that end they model courage, they champion courage, they share stories of courageous acts by their supporters and allies, they invite people out of their comfort zones to take courageous action with them, individually in their daily lives, and in community with others who share their commitment to a better world.
Position: HR Manager
They are looking for a dynamic HR professional looking to implement fit for purpose HR processes in Greenpeace India. She/he will be passionate about the power of people, have a clear vision and strategy to shape the HR process. They need their HR manager to strive for collaboration and is transformational and can build on the work of others and drive change. They aim to build a culture of ownership and reduce the dependence on hierarchy based decision making in the system.
She/he will advise and guide staff on HR systems and processes. She/he will lead the alignment of HR services to all divisions at all levels and support their business strategies and needs, and be a strategic partner for staff in people and culture related issues. This is a very hands-on position for an HR professional with a background in a fast growing and changing environment. HR manager will report to the Executive Director till the new senior management team is in place.
- Assist in Talent acquisition and recruitment process
Regulatory compliance and policies
- Assist in the development and revision of the HR Manual and policies from time to time
- Stay up to date on regulatory requirements and ensure our HR practices comply
- Communicate and train staff/staff representatives on HR policies and revisions from time to time
- Update the Greenpeace intranet with relevant HR matters from time to time.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all benefits agents e.g. medical, accident, life insurance and PF agent.
- Renew medical, life and accident insurance policies every year
- Interface with the PF department directly and keep updated of the new rules – should be done once in 3 months
- Benefits administration (enrolment and termination) and renewal i.e. medical, accident, life insurance and provident fund
Conduct employee onboarding & induction training
- Serve as the primary point of contact for staff queries and problems concerned with their benefits plan
- Mediating and building consensus to constructively address employee issues/conflicts
- Address queries & concerns from managers and staff on HR policies, procedures
- Assist in developing the HR department’s objectives and the annual budget
- Undertake tasks around performance management system and ensure appraisals are done on time
- Oversee and manage a performance appraisal system that drives high performance
Staff records, data & reporting
- Ensure staff records are complete, up to date and securely maintained
- Ensure the HRIS is updated with the necessary information
- Collect, analyse and report necessary HR data to management
- Share MIS report on Staff attrition to SMT regularly.
- Ensure appropriate sign-off & documentation of all secondments
- Sign off on staff Visa letters for overseas travel, if any
Job descriptions & grading
- Ensure job descriptions are up to date and support managers in creating job descriptions for new posts
- Ensure all new JD’s and new positions are graded as per Gp India’s job evaluation scheme and grading policy.
- Coordinate and organise trainings
- Coordinate and communicate on regrade requisition as and when required.
Payroll & benefits
- payroll process every month for all entities
- renewal of benefits policies and staff exit procedures
- Conduct and document exit interviews
- Assist the HRD in reviewing, developing and communicating GP India’s employee value proposition
- Staff Loans disbursals based on the criteria and recommend if there is any deviation from the policy
Team & budget management
- Ensure management and development of the reporting staff
- Develop and manage a delegated HR budget
Support to be provided during audits
- Support the team during audits done by Government Agencies – MHA, ROS, IT etc., share relevant data
- Visiting Chennai and Legal advisors in responding to the queries/ MHA Queries / RoS
Training & Development
- Identifying training needs
- provide the training through internal and external resources. Identifying talent gaps and taking necessary
- action to attract and deploy talent through development, career developments
- culture of transparency, fairness, performance, innovation. Encouraging behavior
- consistent with the code of Ethics and Business Conduct.
- Within Greenpeace India operating guidelines the job-holder has decision-making authority to:
- Design and implement staff induction program for graded posts
- Choose the recruitment sources appropriate to the vacancy and the budgetary spends on these
- Advise on staff issues and policy interpretation
- Select and identify good software vendor for HRIS and payroll as when required
- Decisions made by the job holder mainly impacts the medium to long term operating efficiency of the organization.
- Regular basis: Interact with Managers and staff across the organisation on all HR related matters
- Interfacing with officials of government regulatory bodies that impact GP India’s functioning directly, at frequency either decided internally or as required by compliance.
- Recruitment Websites/networks/agencies other online sources on an ongoing basis depending on organisation plans and requirements.
- Interacting with external vendors / partners on matters relating to labour compliances and other establishments.
- Interacting with different benefit agents for GPA, GMC, GTL for finalising the vendors,
- Interact with HR managers in other GP offices/GPI on any HR issues.
- Trainers and facilitators
- People: recruitment contractors and occasional supervision of interns /volunteers
- Financial: has delegated responsibility to manage a part of the HR budget
Knowledge and experience
- 5-7 years’ experience in HR
- Experience in leading and managing a small team
- Demonstrated experience in mediating and building consensus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements in HR
- Excellent organisational skills and good attention to detail
- Excellent ability to gather, collate and analyse HR and related information
- Adept at using, adopting and deploying technology relevant to the function
Planning and organizing:
- Plan and manage work and resources of staff in the HR department
- Analyse a range of data and information regarding policies, software, etc and recommend solutions that span across the organization
Initiative and innovation:
- Find ways of improving HR processes in the organization
- Suggest new innovative ideas in own sphere of activities and suggest solutions to complex HR and people issues
Period: This will be 6-month consultancy position, followed by evaluation and then taking on board as an employee.
Deadline: 9th July, 2020
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd