Organization: The Aangan Trust
Apply By: 24 Oct 2020
To make child protection everyone's business, so that every child is safe everywhere, every day.
We build and strengthen child protection systems to ensure that the most vulnerable children are safe, supported, in school, and assured of a childhood free from trafficking, child marriage, hazardous work, violence and exploitation
Aangan works with children in dangerous situations like child trafficking, child marriage, hazardous work and abuse. Our prevention model targets - hotspots- across the country where children are most at risk, either because these are sites of hazardous child labour or are associated with harmful traditions like child marriage, trafficking and girl child discrimination. In such locations, we work with parents, children and government officials to build strong care and protection systems that keep children safe.
II. Position Summary
Ensure that all on-field collected quantitative data (through programme field staff + mobile app) from various locations is gathered regularly and fed into a the database.
Additionally, the Data Field Officer will support the data collection, research, on-ground mobile app training, and staff coordination activities related to the creation of periodical internal reports, as well as reports to external stakeholders such as the government, partners, funders etc.
III. Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Data collection: Collecting data from the households, women volunteers, adolescent boys and girls. Data collection will be app-based as well as paper and pencil exercise.
- Data input, cleaning and organizing
- Collate data across themes and locations: coordinate with staff on data collection activities, and for the periodical update of database entries.
- Assist the Associate, Data and Impact with quantitative and qualitative data analysis
- Ensure that data is regularly and efficiently captured from the field for analysis so as to in turn generate child protection statistics for various governmental departments and to systematically evaluate the effectiveness of Aangan's interventions.
- Ensure periodical update of database entries.
- Assist the DIA in identifying data trends for insight analysis
IV. Knowledge and Technical Skills
- Fluency in both English and Hindi is essential
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office is mandatory
V. Competencies and Abilities:
- Communicating effectively: Simple and clear written and oral communication
- Open to learning and using new products
- Willing to travel extensively
VI. Education and Experience:
- 2-3 years work experience, preferably in the development sector
- Experience in data management would be useful
email us at email@example.com
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd