Head - WeAct
Organization: Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India (EDII)
Apply By: 28 Oct 2020
WeAct (Women Entrepreneurs Access Connect Transform)
Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India (EDII) the pioneer in Entrepreneurship for several decades has promoted entrepreneurship in urban, rural, peri-urban in and outside India. Entrepreneurs are not born, they can be made has been proved with micro/Nano enterprises established in different parts of India. Having brought these persons into the World of Entrepreneurship, EDII has felt the need to provide a platform for the networking of Women Entrepreneurs who have established micro-enterprises
We Act (Women Entrepreneurs Access Connect Transform)is a national level Body &initiative by Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India (EDII), supported by Accenture Pvt. Ltd, to provide structured hand-holding support to rural micro entrepreneurs, making their business profitable and sustainable. The Project is expected to cater to 40,000 micro-entrepreneurs up-to 2025. The Administrative expenses for WeAct will be financially supported up to 2022 and it is expected to be self-sustainable later on. WeAct’s Visionis to accelerating transformation in deprived, excluded and vulnerable communities through women entrepreneurs.
Company Info: Website: https://www.ediindia.org
Job Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Position: Head – WeAct
The core purpose of this role is to provide leadership and direction for WeAct. We are looking for an experienced professional who will work closelywith WeAct Advisory and Steering Committee and oversee all operations, functions and activities. Candidate will be the face of the organization, responsible for giving the proper strategic direction and implementing a high quality vision. The position will be on contract with a monthly salary as per the prevailing standards and experience of the candidate.
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka
Qualification and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Social Sciences/ Rural Management/ Social Work/ Economics/MBA with interest in working with rural women.
- Must have minimum 10 years of experience in Chamber of Commerce/ Entrepreneurship Development/ Marketing of Rural produce/ Rural Enterprises/ Women related schemes and projects.
- Relevant experience in leadership roles in Marketing/ Business Development/ Micro Enterprise/ Entrepreneurship Development / B2B & B2C and Online Marketing.
- Fluency in both English and Hindi required. Knowledge in other South Indian languages will be anadded advantage
Key responsibilities &deliverables:
- Responsible for leading WeAct in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Advisory and Steering Committee
- Provide thought leadership, innovation and process optimization initiatives of all activities of WeAct
- Orchestrate the development and implementation of all policies, goals and other activities required by Advisory and Steering Committee
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that WeAct can successfully fulfil its Mission into the future.
- Responsible for effective administration of WeAct operations.
- Supervision and overseeing day-to-day performance of all WeAct team members. Coordinate with Retail Business Manager, Corporate Business Manager, Production Manager and IT Manager to align activities of WeAct to the goals set
- Synthesize best practices and program learnings to strengthen WeAct's institutional knowledge and support thought leadership activities
- Exercise collaborative efforts with other social service organizations, NGOs, companies, institutions and governments to develop and expand services that benefit our clients, beneficiaries and the community
- Act as the chief external advocate and responsible for the enhancement of WeAct’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
- Represent WeAct at key forums such as meetings and conferences at the state/regional/national level
- Operate as a positive role model for the culture of the organization; principled and act with integrity.
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- Track program progress on key indicators according to the M&E framework
- Responsible for periodic reporting to the Advisory and Steering Committee about the development, implementation and accomplishments of all activities conducted by the WeAct in keeping with the programme and goals.
- Ensure high quality of documents (reports, presentations, proposals etc.) prepared by the team
Type of Employment: Contractual
How to apply:
Forward your resume by 28th October 2020 with your specialization, experience, expertise and position applied for. Please specify your current organization name along with the details of designation, current salary drawn and expected salary to: email@example.com
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd