IT Consultant - Data Management and Analytics
Organization: Vital Strategies
Apply By: 25 Sep 2020
About the Organization:
Vital Strategies, headquartered in New York City, is an international public health organization. Their programs strengthen public health systems and address the world’s leading causes of illness, injury and death. Vital Strategies’ priorities are driven by the greatest potential to improve and save lives.
Position: Information Technology (IT) Consultant - Data Management and Analytics
- Working closely with the Data Impact Program country lead, the Consultant will establish and manage databases and dashboards for the Public Health Department.
- Develop and implement systems for accessing health data from various sources
- Develop and maintain interoperable databases that meet best data security standards that are appropriate for the system design.
- Develop mechanisms (e.g. dashboards, portals, etc.) for sharing electronic information internally and externally (linked to data management)
- Present data in a variety of formats including visualizations
- Train staff and provide assistance in resolving technical issues related to data management and storage where required.
- Ensure a well-functioning monitoring dashboard and related database on three focus areas
- Completed data preparation and visualizations and for at least one health report
Qualities and qualifications:
- Post Graduate degree in computer science: M Tech/B Tech/M.E/B.E; Advance software engineering; health informatics; Advance database system; Network and database systems; Data housing; distributed database system; Bioinformatics; intelligent systems in medical care
- Proficiency in MySQL, Oracle, Python, Microsoft Access, etc.
- Programing Language platform: Java and/or .NET
- Experience in interoperable database development
- Ability to work independently
- At least 3-4 Years of direct program experience in above mentioned fields are essential.
- Conversant in English
- Desirable experience: Tableau, Power BI
- Preference would be given to candidates located in Mumbai and conversant in Marathi.
Term of Service
- The duration of this assignment will be 6 months. A three-month probationary period will apply, after which Vital Strategies, in consultation with the Public Health Departments, will decide about completing the contract.
- The Consultant will be based in Mumbai at Arogya Bhavan, T. George Hospital Campus, near CST Station. S/he will be provided a working space in the Public Health Department, and will report to the Vital Strategies Technical Country Lead, based in New York.
- The Consultant will receive a project laptop computer for use during the project and return at the end of their service.
Please send CV and a cover letter, including salary expectations, to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position in the subject line. Please include contact information of three references.
Closing date for applications is 25 September 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd