Individual Consultant – Block Coordinator-Organic Farming
Apply By: 28 Jan 2021
About the Organization:
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the United Nations' global development network. They advocate for change and connect countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for them. They provide expert advice, training and grants support to developing countries, with increasing emphasis on assistance to the least developed countries. They promote technical and investment cooperation among nations.
Position: Individual Consultant – Block Coordinator _Organic Farming (1 Posts) – Uttar Kannada, Karnataka
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Candidate should be willing to travel across the districts of the State of Karnataka
- Execution and monitoring of the sanctioned organic village cluster projects through regular field visit and review.
- Cluster level planning and roll out of organic village cluster development activities
- Rolling out certification in the clusters and facilitate technical support agencies in implementation
- Continuously scout for opportunities by analyzing potential for developing value chain interventions for existing commodities being produced in the block
- Maintain information regarding produce of the SHG members, markets (prices and trends), commodity-wise details.
- Identifying local buyers, conducting buyer seller meets
- Executing capacity building plans for the project staff and community members on farm livelihoods and value chain development
- Identify and document best practices
- Ensuring data collection and entry into MIS for monitoring and evaluation
- Any other responsibilities as assigned by the Mission Director
- Knowledge of organic certification standards – both third party and PGS certification systems
- Knowledge of compliances for both export and domestic markets for organic produce.
- Knowledge of organic farming methods, agro-ecological practices
- Ability to work effectively with community resource persons, community and field staff to deliver results
- Good data analysis and conceptualization skills
- Ability to build and sustain effective partnerships with Government departments, technical support agencies and capacity building agencies
- Demonstrated openness to change and ability to manage complex situations
- Willing to travel extensively in the field and stay in a village for 15 days a month
Required Skills and Experience:
- 1-2 years in a livelihood development project responsible for promotion of organic production systems and allied activities-based livelihoods
- Should have handled procurement / marketing / supply chain for organic agricultural produce
- Experience of roll-out of PGS or third-party certification with at least 100farmers.
- Experience in setting up systems and processes to roll-out organic farming
- Demonstrable experience of project management, ensuring the delivery of high quality programmes as well as managing internal learning processes across virtual teams
- Managed a team of at least 5 field staff
Duration of the Work: The contract will be awarded for one year initially. Working days will be as per the State Government / KSRLPS policy.
Languages Required: Fluency in English and Kannada– spoken, read, and write for all official communication is essential.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd