Individual Consultant – Block Technical Coordinator-Enterprise Promotion
Apply By: 28 Jan 2021
About the Organization:
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the United Nations' global development network. They advocate for change and connect countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for them. They provide expert advice, training and grants support to developing countries, with increasing emphasis on assistance to the least developed countries. They promote technical and investment cooperation among nations.
Position: Individual Consultant – Block Technical Coordinator _Enterprise Promotion, Gadag, Karnataka (3 Posts)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Candidate should be willing to travel across the districts of the State of Karnataka
- Ensure provision of Business Support Services by OSF (one stop facility) to all the entrepreneurs in the block
- Ensure that OSF has the required technical information (information about schemes etc) for the services that need to be rendered
- Create various data sets of enterprise and entrepreneurs in the block including the baseline survey of existing enterprises; ensure that this data is updated at regular intervals
- Assist in preparing the necessary content for training and capacity building of various stakeholders
- Ensure that financial requirements of enterprises are met, both from CEF and through Formal Financial Institutions
- Coordinate amongst TSA, OSF, CBOs and project staff for effective implementation
- Assist in the identification and selection of Community Cadre and Mentors for OSF
- Institutionalize OSF and governance mechanisms (infrastructure, opening bank- account, appointment and rotation of signatories, etc.) as per norms
- Support the CBOs in operationalizing the various activities under the programme and in building their capacities to take over all the programme elements at the end of the project period
- Identify new business opportunities and markets for setting up the enterprise
- Ensure regular monitoring and reporting of entrepreneurship development activities in the block
- Ensure that both the quantitative and qualitative targets are met
- Ensure MIS and monitoring reports are submitted as per the defined timelines.
- Provide handholding and business management support to the clusters /incubated enterprises being supported in the block.
- Any other tasks/responsibilities as assigned by the Mission Director
- Strong in numeracy, analytical, and business skills
- Good team player with strong ability to work in teams and with people with no direct reporting relationships
- Data-driven, open to learning and adaptable, should be willing to adapt to ground realities
- Compassionate for the poor and willing to look at issues from their lens
- Honest, fair and objective in work
- A Self-starter and a target-oriented person
- Willing to travel extensively in the field and stay in a village for 15 days a month
Required Skills and Experience:
- Postgraduate in management/commerce/engineering background and relevant field background from an institution of repute
- Minimum of 1+ year of experience of working in non-farm livelihoods promotion or in a business organization preferably in rural-based value chains.
Duration of the Work: The contract will be awarded for one year initially. Working days will be as per the State Government / KSRLPS policy.
Languages Required: Fluency in English and Kannada– spoken, read, and write for all official communication is essential.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd