Individual Consultant – Cluster Coordinator-Organic Farming
Apply By: 28 Jan 2021
About the Organization:
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the United Nations' global development network. They advocate for change and connect countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for them. They provide expert advice, training and grants support to developing countries, with increasing emphasis on assistance to the least developed countries. They promote technical and investment cooperation among nations.
Position: Individual Consultant – Cluster Coordinator _Organic Farming- Gadag, Karnataka (5 post)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The candidate should be willing to travel across the districts of the State of Karnataka
- Cluster level planning and roll-out of organic village cluster development activities
- Rolling out certification in the clusters and facilitate technical support agencies in the implementation
- Maintain information regarding products of the SHG members, markets (prices and trends), commodity-wise details.
- Executing capacity building plans for the project staff and community members on farm livelihoods and value chain development
- Identify best practices and communicate the same to the block level
- Ensuring data collection and entry into MIS for monitoring and evaluation.
- Any other tasks/responsibilities as assigned by the Mission Director
- Knowledge of organic certification standards – both third party and PGS certification systems would be preferred
- Knowledge of organic farming methods, agro-ecological practices
- Ability to work effectively with community resource persons, community, and field staff to deliver results.
Required Skills and Experience:
Undergraduate (4 years course) in Agri Science, Forestry and relevant field.
- 1+ years in a livelihood development project responsible for the promotion of organic production systems and allied activities-based livelihoods.
- Experience of the roll-out of PG’s or third-party certification would be preferred
- Experience in working with community and community mobilization for livelihoods interventions
- Experience in executing training and capacity building programs at the field level with community resource persons and community.
Duration of The Work: The contract will be awarded for one year initially. Working days will be as per the State Government / KSRLPS policy.
Languages Required: Fluency in English and Kannada– spoken, read, and write for all official communication is essential.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd