Individual Consultant - District Thematic Expert
Apply By: 09 Jul 2020
About the Organization:
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the United Nations' global development network. They advocate for change and connect countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for them. They provide expert advice, training and grants support to developing countries, with increasing emphasis on assistance to the least developed countries. They promote technical and investment cooperation among nations.
Position: Individual Consultant - District Thematic Expert
The Government of Uttarakhand has to reduce poverty by building strong institutions of the poor particularly the women under the DAY-NRLM (Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana - National Rural Livelihoods Mission) the flagship program of Ministry of Rural Development, Government of India. The current Technical Support project to the Department of Rural Development, Government of Uttarakhand is conceived to provide Sustainable Livelihood Approach that focusses on securing adequate and decent livelihoods that contribute to the wellbeing of people not only through income security but also by creating strong coping mechanisms that mitigate the vulnerabilities that the poor face.
The programme consists of a comprehensive set of capacity building initiatives to strengthen the community institutions coupled with a range of support services to ensure the viability of the economic activities undertaken by the Self-Help Groups (SHGs) and their federations to include access to credit and financial services, business incubation and productivity enhancement services, business and financial management skills, livelihood or enterprise support, market linkage, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions: The key results have an impact on the success of country programme within specific areas of cooperation. In particular, the key results will have an impact on poor and marginalized sections of the community and help in reducing poverty.
- To help DMM to ensure coordination in respective specialized field
- To extend desired cooperation to District Mission Manager (DMM) in the implementation of NRLM at District level
- All works related to implementation of all components of NRLM IBCB/FI/Livelihood/Marketing/and Skill DevelopmentAll other such works related to NRLM which shall be assigned by appropriate authority from time to time
- Regular Reporting as per the set protocols to CEO/COO/ACEO/functional head/s at SMMU
- Streamlining linkages with financial institutions,
- Developing Capacity Building Plans for Bank Sakhis
- Developing Capacity Building Plans for Bank officials
- Developing, in coordination with BMMs Bank Credit Linkage Plan for SHGs
- Coordinating with BMMs for achievement of Bank Credit Linkage Plan
- Supervising the compliance of decisions taken at the BLBC
- Preparing, in coordination with BMMs schedule for SHG Bank Account opening days at various Bank branches (once a month)
- Financial management and conflict resolution to block units.
- Timely reporting, review and supervision of task.
- To send Monthly Report on Financial Inclusion Format to SMMU by 1st of every month.
- Work towards ensuring reach of affordable cost- effective reliable financial services to the SHGs/their federations.
Required Skills and Experience
- PG Degree /Diploma in Forestry/Agriculture/Animal Husbandry/Social Science/Social Work/Rural Management/Management and related fields from a recognized University/Institute.
- At least 2 years work experience of in related field
- Proficiency in Hindi & English-both speaking and writing
- Proficiency in computer skills
Location: Pithoragarh, Uttarakhand, INDIA
Deadline: 09-Jul-20 (Midnight New York, USA)
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd