MEL Coordinator (Monitoring Evaluation and Learning)
Apply By: 21 Dec 2020
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
MEL Coordinator (Monitoring Evaluation and Learning)
Areas of Expertise
Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning, Data collection tools, Analysis methodologies, Learning, Qualitative research, Quantitative research
3 to 8 Years
6.5 LPA to 8.4 LPA (Depending on Experience & Exposure)
We are Hiring a MEL Coordinator (Delhi) for our Not for Profit Client who organize women workers to achieve their goals of full employment and self-reliance through the strategy of struggle and development. The struggle is against the many constraints and limitations imposed on them by society and the economy, while development activities strengthen women’s bargaining power and offer them new alternatives. Practically, the strategy is carried out through the joint action of union and cooperatives. They highlight issues of the poor women at the national level through close coordination with the state departments. They also support development programs and activities that organize women so they can aim to achieve full employment and self-reliance for all their members.
About the role:
The client is seeking a suitable candidate for the role of the MEL (Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning) Coordinator at Delhi, who will be responsible to anchor the process of continuous learning and assessment of all activities as well as intended impacts. The MEL Coordinator will act as the results monitoring lead of the project, documenting processes and reflecting on the lessons learned across all states. The MEL Coordinator will coordinate, accompany and build capacity of the field teams, ensure the quality of the monitoring and data gathering on the ground as well as rapid synthesis and data management to ensure feeding this into annual and quarterly reporting as well as the client’s ongoing reflection about the programme.
The MEL Project Coordinator will be guided by and work under the supervision of the Project Coordinator and will coordinate monitoring and reporting efforts with all State Coordinators. S/he will have to have to build a good understanding of the other projects in the organisation to ensure work is aligned to the overall organizational outcome.
The role includes, but is not limited to:
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Design and finalize the MEL plan, gender analysis plan and the environmental reporting plan for the programme.
- Train and build capacities of all state teams to monitor and report according to the MEL plan, and the desired formats.
- Monitor the ongoing delivery and management of monitoring systems to track progress on indicators annually.
- Using qualitative and quantitative techniques to assess the impact of the project on women’s economic empowerment, including:
- capacity building of project field staff to collect results monitoring data;
- verification and collation of the data;
- support the state teams in organising and conducting regular semi-structured interviews with women in the project sites across the states depending on the activity to be monitored;
- commissioning and managing specific surveys/studies and managing the delivery of these.
- Ensure availability of up to date information on all critical issues in the project area and update information on the MIS system;
- Ongoing management of monitoring systems to track progress on indicators annually.
- Coordinate with the MIS software agency to ensure update information is readily available.
- Managing external evaluation, hiring, and supporting external consultant
Reporting and Knowledge Management
- Identify and report any implementation challenges of the programme and design strategies to mitigate the same, so that maximum benefit to stakeholders and client is achieved.
- Ensure compliance reporting for gender and environmental plans, in accordance with the Donor requirements
- Liaising with the Project Coordinator to generate monthly, quarterly, and annual results monitoring reports and lessons learnt reports, as required by the project. This will require both the collation of data as well as the writing of narrative reports.
Communication and Advocacy
- Supports knowledge building and knowledge sharing of the programme at relevant forums, and with relevant stakeholders.
- Design outreach, advocacy, and communication plan for the program in collaboration with the Client’s communication team. Work closely with donors to promote the learnings of the program to a larger audience through collaterals, events, social media advocacy.
- Organising dissemination events based on the lessons learnt/results of the project.
Education and Experience:
- A Masters’ degree from a recognized university is mandatory. Candidates with a Bachelors’ degree and an exceptional work experience can be considered for the position too.
- Experience of theories of change based monitoring approaches, developing MEL systems, including MEL Plans, indicators, data collection tools, analysis methodologies, reporting and disseminating learning.
- 3-5 years’ experience of MEL reporting for mid-size international donor funded projects.
- 2-4 years’ experience of reporting on, evaluating and capturing lessons learnt from action research projects, especially in the areas of women empowerment, micro and nano-entrepreneurs, social enterprises, and gender.
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative research.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft excel, data management and analysis is essential. Experience of other analysis software (qualitative and quantitative) would be desirable.
- Experience of working closely with grassroot communities, thus having a deep familiarity of their requirements is a must.
Compensation: Between 6,00,000 to 8,40,000 INR CTC per annum, the final pay will be decided based on experience and expertise.
- Strong command over Hindi and English would be a pre-requisite, Ideal candidates will have experience working, writing and communicating in Hindi.
Location & Travel: Candidate should be willing be based in Delhi, The program will be implemented in 10 states therefore you must be willing to travel as needed by the programs.
Willingness to travel and spend extensive time in the field across project location. Travel exceptions will be given due to the COVID situation but in case of an improved environment to travel, the candidate would be expected to visit field locations as per requirements.
- Apply with your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with "MEL Coordinator" as subject line.
- For Quick response please apply through the form link below:
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd