Manager, GIRL Capital
Organization: Children’s Investment Fund Foundation (CIFF)
Apply By: 05 Nov 2021
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
About the Organization
The Children’s Investment Fund Foundation (CIFF) is an independent philanthropic organisation, employing around 200 people across offices in Addis Ababa, Beijing, London, Nairobi, and New Delhi. CIFF works with a wide range of partners seeking to transform and empower the lives of poor and vulnerable children and adolescents in developing countries, with the ultimate goal of solving seemingly intractable challenges to ensure all children and adolescents have the chance to survive and thrive.
CIFF aims to play a catalytic role as a funder and influencer to deliver urgent and systemic change at scale. Areas of work include empowering adolescents and young people to control their sexual and reproductive health to avoid unintended pregnancy, unsafe abortion and HIV/AIDS; improving children and mothers’ health and nutrition; preventing low birthweight babies; eliminating deaths from severe acute malnutrition, nested within a more integrated approach to childhood development; and deworming efforts to break transmission for good. CIFF’s child protection work focuses on ending child labour and sexual exploitation by enabling an environment that reduces vulnerability of communities and increases protection of children. The organisation’s climate portfolio is driven by a vision of a climate-safe future for today’s children and future generations that also bear the benefits of cleaner air, energy security and sustainable jobs. Across these areas of work, we seek to be the gold standard in grant making and foundation operations, and place significant emphasis on quality data and evidence.
We are privileged, as a financially independent philanthropy, to be able to work in challenging areas that others can’t and we often elect to work on what can be controversial issues that others won’t. For example, CIFF is pro-choice with respect to women’s reproductive rights along with the prioritisation of access to reproductive information and to contraceptive choices. It is imperative to the CIFF family, therefore, that prospective candidates are aware of the issues we work on and embrace all our programmatic work with fully open minds to the huge number of ways in which we seek to empower young lives.
As a recognized leader in your field, to contribute to the development of cutting edge and evidence-based strategies and plans that ensure CIFF’s work across the GIRL Capital sector achieves transformational and lasting change; and to develop and manage a high quality portfolio of investment proposals and active programmes, that deliver the GIRL Capital Sector priorities aligned to the Foundation Strategy and India Plan Team and meet the corporate objectives of the CIFF Board.
Strategy & planning
- Prepare and present high-quality analysis and research, as required, to support the GIRL Sector in determining future strategic priorities and setting operational plans.
Programme development, delivery & performance
- Personally, manage a caseload of live programmes with a value $30m of and an active pipeline of potential investments of $7m, in accordance with the GIRL Sector priorities and plan.
- Conduct regular reviews of the progress and performance of programmes under delivery to identify problems and delays, and work with partners to develop effective solutions (escalating to more senior colleagues for support and intervention, where required).
- Against key corporate and Sector Team indicators and targets, monitor and report internally on the performance of assigned caseload.
- Apply agreed due diligence and risk management protocols appropriately throughout the development and delivery of proposals and programmes, to ensure the interests and reputation of the Foundation are protected.
- Conduct structured feasibility analysis on investment proposals, using an appropriate range of methodologies and techniques, to ensure they are based on logical and robust assumptions, which can withstand scrutiny from the ET and CIFF Board.
- With the advice and guidance of the GIRL Sector Evidence, Measurement and Evaluation Business Partner, identify and embed appropriate monitoring and evaluation processes to all proposals and programmes.
- Work as part of the GIRL & India teams, and senior colleagues within the Sector Team, to shape and implement plans for scaling up, replicating or leveraging additional support for successful programmes and initiatives, in accordance with Foundation priorities.
- Identify opportunities and options for improving processes, procedures and programme management approaches within (and beyond) the team, to support increased organisational efficiency and effectiveness.
Sector knowledge and profile-building
- Keep abreast of developments within the GIRL and international development sectors, establishing appropriate information gathering networks and channels to deepen professional knowledge and skills.
- As required (and under the direction of more senior colleagues), contribute to the development of thought leadership, PR, marketing and advocacy materials, to support CIFF’s ambitions to scale-up, mainstream and leverage additional support for its initiatives.
Stakeholder and partner management
- Conduct rigorous research and evaluation of potential partners, using agreed corporate
- protocols and techniques, to assess their suitability and credentials for collaborating on CIFF initiatives.
- Apply CIFF’s agreed account management and CRM disciplines and approaches in all dealings with programme partners and stakeholders, to ensure productive and professional relationships are maintained in a coordinated and strategic manner.
- Under direction of more senior colleagues, help to develop strategic partnerships to support adoption, replication, co-funding or scaling-up of CIFF programmes.
- With a variety of external audiences, act as a knowledgeable resource about CIFF’s programmes and priority areas.
Membership of the team
- Provide coaching and mentoring support to colleagues, as required, to help build skills, confidence and capability in particular areas, processes or procedures.
Education Qualification/Required Skills & Experience
- Likely to be educated to master’s level or equivalent in a relevant specialism
- Demonstrable experience in analysis and due diligence; policy, planning and program delivery, including field experience, all within the development sector.
- Knowledge of the evidence bases pertaining to programme design and implementation in nutrition. Ability to speak and write articulately about programmes for children, and gain credibility with a variety of audiences.
- Strong working knowledge of impact measurement and programme monitoring and evaluation.
- Ability to analyse an organisation’s strength of management, vision and adaptive capacity. Ability to recruit, guide, influence and/or advise management teams to effectively implement programmes.
- Experience working within government systems and/or experience influencing the policies of government agencies, private sector organizations or donor organisations
- A self-starter, with resilience, pace, and interpersonal flexibility.
- An innovative thinker with a pragmatic and solution oriented mindset
- Strong influencing skills
- Belief in the importance of evidence-based decision making
- Willingness to travel regularly.
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills.
- French, Portuguese or Indian languages is an advantage
Key working relationships
- CIFF Board members
- All other CIFF departments and teams
- Local and international partners and stakeholders
- National and State governments and local NGO partners in priority geographies
- Research and academic institutions active within sector specialism
- Responsibility for personal pipeline and delivery targets of $30m and $10m respectively, in addition to those for direct reports
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd