Manager/ Senior Program Manager - Agriculture Research
Organization: Wadhwani Institute for Artificial Intelligence
Apply By: 29 Apr 2020
About the Organization:
Wadhwani Institute for Artificial Intelligence is an independent, nonprofit research institute and global hub, developing AI solutions for social good. Their mission is to develop and apply AI-based innovations and solutions to a broad range of societal domains including healthcare, agriculture, education, infrastructure, and financial inclusion. Ultimately their aim is to work with governments, social sector organisations, other innovators, and all other relevant stakeholders to transform the lives of the billions of poor, underserved people in India and the rest of the world.
Position: Manager/ Senior Program Manager - Agriculture Research
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Will be responsible to identify the need for Agriculture research in the various use cases and design the scientific research parameters for the same.
- Liaison with various research institutions and Agriculture Experts and lead the Agri-research work in collaboration with them and with programs by doing a series of field experiments.
- Designing/planning/Guiding/visiting farm fields, farmers and researchers for the field research and data collection and support research activities, as and when needed or required in agriculture and allied fields.
- Working closely with third-party research agencies to do outcome studies and research findings.
- Actively engage in data analysis and work closely with Researchers for putting that in use.
- Will be responsible to write-up the drafts of the results of field trials/PoC, field experiments and piloting of the solutions for presenting to the teams as well help in writing academic papers, policy briefs, presentations, etc
- Provide regular update reports to Principal Investigators, research staff and other team members.
- Will prepare and propose datasets requirements in agriculture and allied areas and will build data collection mechanisms in discussions with Research, Program & Product, Engineering teams.
- Will write proposals for solution validation, experimentation, etc to be submitted to Research Institutions as and when required.
- Will develop and maintain relationships with research institutes and scientists community of agriculture and allied areas for acknowledgment management and various requirements for the solutions.
- Preferred Ph.D. in agriculture entomology, plant physiology, agronomy, agrometeorology with minimum 2-4 years of work experience in agriculture research, research-oriented programs, or M.Sc. in Entomology/Agronomy/pathology/Physiology with minimum 5-8 years of work experience as a Researcher in organizations/ projects engaged in agriculture product development, seed improvement, contract farming, crop and yield modeling, climate-resilient agriculture, etc
- Design research experience with users from diverse backgrounds, preferably including some experience with rural, underprivileged, or other vulnerable groups
- Willing to travel extensively and excited to get on the ground in rural settings
- Must be fluent in speaking Hindi; multiple Indian languages is a plus
- Knowledge of a wide range of qualitative and quantitative research methods, such as lab-based usability studies, field research, usability inspections, creation of user profiles or personas, participatory design, survey research, experiment design, and statistical analysis.
- Understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of various research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase.
- Effective interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd