Multi-Country Family History Manager
Organization: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Apply By: 18 Feb 2022
About the Organization
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is a worldwide faith of over 16 million members centered on the belief that everyone on earth is a son or daughter of a loving God1 and that His Son, Jesus Christ, saved the world from sin and death. Jesus Christ invites all of God’s children to come unto, follow, and become more like Him.
FamilySearch is looking for a successful general manager and leader with excellent people skills who has the ability to develop relationships and effectively manage complex initiatives. The ideal candidate will be entrepreneurial and proactive, increasing results and effectiveness through creative approaches, persistence, passion and problem solving. As a general manager, the Multi-Country Manager will have a broad business skillset. This position reports directly to the Area Family History Manager in the Asia Area Office.
The Multi-Country Manager will oversee Family History Department efforts in India and in the South Asia region with the ultimate goal of helping all people find joy through discovering, gathering, and connecting their family, past, present and future. Responsibilities include:
- Business Development - The Multi-Country Manager explores and understands the genealogy marketplace in India and the South Asian countries, seeks out partnering opportunities, negotiates mutually beneficial relationships with potential partners, and facilitates integrated solutions to promote family history work. This position is responsible for connecting external opportunities with the potential capacities of FamilySearch and its affiliates across India and South Asian countries.
- Historical Records Acquisition - The Multi-Country Manager works with external organizations such as governments, religious officials, archives, and commercial entities to acquire historical records and other genealogical information. This involves developing relationships, creating strategic plans, negotiating contracts, managing camera operators, and overseeing complex and long-term projects. The Multi-Country Manager develops and implements solutions to improve processes and reduce costs as well as manages contractors who are providing services for FamilySearch.
- Marketing Outreach - The Multi-Country Manager strategizes outreach and messaging plans to bring awareness and promote family history work to patrons. This includes working closely with Church Headquarters and Area Communication Department to coordinate outreach materials through social media, email, and other channels.
- Patron Experience – The Multi-Country Manager will gain an in-depth understanding of patron needs and collaborate with Product Engineering, Area Publishing Services, and others on implementing solutions. This includes the experience on FamilySearch.org, FamilySearch apps, family history-related Church of Jesus Christ web pages and offline materials, and external genealogy industry offerings in the area.
- Patron Support – The Multi-Country Manager will be responsible for overseeing contact center support, ensuring patron questions and needs are addressed in a timely manner. The Multi-Country Manager will work with priesthood leaders to find volunteers to take support cases.
- Family History Centers – The Multi-Country Manager will ensure Family History Centers are optimized. He/she will understand usage and technology needs and will determine which available technologies should be utilized. He/she will oversee center inventory and creation or closure of centers.
- General Region Support - The Multi-Country Manager evaluates the many good activities that could be undertaken and determines the most productive activities to pursue that will enable the most people to find their ancestors and build stronger family connections. The Multi-Country Manager interacts occasionally with Church leaders in support of priesthood-driven family history initiatives.
Education Qualification/Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, history, sociology, anthropology or a related field (Master’s degree preferred).
- 5+ years’ experience in business, business development, international relations, education, archival science, history, digital imaging science, library science, computer science, or related field.
- 3 years’ experience in managerial positions. Proven and experienced leader.
- Fluent in English and local language(s), both written & verbal.
- In-depth understanding of Indian and South Asian cultures. Proven effectiveness in doing business in India and South Asia.
- Self-starter and self-motivated. Able to work effectively with minimal direction. Willing to do what it takes to get the job done – no task is too small or too large.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people of various cultures and backgrounds.
- Expert at teaching, inspiring and motivating others.
- Strong interpersonal and communication capabilities to achieve business results.
- Strong negotiation skills. Ability to influence, persuade and overcome objections.
- Experience in developing business plans and requirements. Ability to transform ideas into tangible activities and results.
- Expert at listening to, understanding, and communicating customer needs.
- Intermediate technical skills with ability to train others and troubleshoot hardware and software problems.
- Ability to work with legal and financial entities to ensure compliance with laws and ethical actions.
- Business professional-level computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Interest in or personal experience doing family history.
- Church leadership experience, or history of working with Church leaders.
- Availability to travel, including some weekends.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd