Officer - People Operations
Organization: Room to Read
Apply By: 30 Oct 2020
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
About the Organization:
Room to Read is a global organization transforming the lives of millions of children in low-income communities by focusing on literacy and gender equality in education. They work in collaboration with local communities, partner organizations, and governments to develop literacy skills and a habit of reading among primary school children and ensure girls can complete secondary school with the skills necessary to negotiate key life decisions.
Position: Officer, People Operations
Primary responsibilities of Officer, People Operations are tactical in nature implementing administration of hiring, retention, staff development, termination, personnel records, legal compliance, compensation, benefits, and long- term staffing strategies. Responsibilities includes end to end recruitments and other People operations and Generalist role. This position reports to the Manager, People Operations under general supervision. The following duties are exemplary of the type of tasks that may be assigned at the discretion of the Deputy Country Director and Manager, People Operations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- The Officer, People Operations would be responsible for independently managing the end to end recruitment cycle.
- This position would be responsible for independently managing the HR needs of three state staff minimum.
- Design, operate, coordinate and monitor operational systems for managing necessary human resource functions to implement the approved policies.
- Review and develop personnel policies and revise as necessary based on CO needs and the standard GO/RO HR policies,
- Update the position descriptions in the organization according to the need in consultation with the respective line managers, RO and GO.
- Operate within the HR Budget and monitor spending.
- Facilitate the management team’s workforce plan development.
- Provide input for the development and maintenance of human resource information systems and, analyse and communicate information for human resource decisions in the organization.
- Recommend standard recruiting and placement practices and procedures consistent with GO/RO guidance.
- Implement an effective employee performance management system and train staff. Provide advice and support for performance management issues and assist them in implementing performance appraisals.
- Implement a training and development process to ensure that appropriate development needs are met on a timely and cost effective basis.
- Organize and coordinate both in house and off-site staff training and development programs to meet the identified development needs.
- Facilitate the effective and efficient implementation of RtR-wide HR initiatives e.g., capacity assessment, capacity building, succession planning and on-boarding.
- Review and recommend changes to our wage and salary structure, pay policies, employee benefit programs; Security, safety and health program consistent with RtR guidance.
- Make recommended changes to our compensation and benefit policy and practices to ensure that staffs are rewarded in line with both general market practice and individual performance level.
- Recommend employee relations practices necessary to establish positive employee- employee relationships and employee-employer relationships.
- Ensure that the organization’s and the employee’s interests are protected and the policies/ practices of the organization are legally compliant.
- Recommend to the Manager, People Operations disciplinary actions and termination as per the personal policy guidelines.
- Investigate complaints and recommend appropriate action.
- Review employee appeals through compliant procedure.
- Provide stewardship of the organization culture and facilitate its institutionalization.
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement Human Resources programs and initiatives, preferably in development sector.
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum of eight years of professional experience in HR position.
- General knowledge of the principles and practices of personnel administration.
- Generalist HR background preferably developed through various specialist assignments. The most important of which would be; employee training and development, organization development, HR administration, compensation, recruiting and compliance.
- Demonstrated strategic approach to HR with the ability and willingness to also execute the tactical elements of the job.
- Ability to work within narrowly defined objectives under general supervision
- Ability to effectively address well defined problems of moderate complexity and complete moderately complex assignments
- Generally assists with Country Office wide projects as assigned by the Manager, People Operations
- Generates tactical solutions that address the needs of various departments in the Country Office.
- Excellent communication skills in English (oral and written) and capability to relate and interact with multicultural teams and represent the organization in professional forums.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd