PARC - Vice President – Programmes
Organization: BITSAA Alumni Trust
Apply By: 05 Oct 2021
Location: Hyderabad(Telangana) New Delhi(Delhi)
About the Organisation
BITSAA Alumni Trust founded by BITS Pilani alumni in 2005 with a goal of community development for rural population around Pilani, Rajasthan. This Trust is engaged with local community and organizations like BITS Pilani, CEERI, BET and other partner institutions. BITSAA Trust works on a unique model whereby it plays the role of a facilitator by providing infrastructure/platform in Pilani and supports work on the ground through partner institutions who bring in domain expertise, knowledge and implementation skills and make use of the infrastructure. The Trust’s work is carried out under the brand PARC (Pilani AtmaNirbhar Resource Center).
The projects at PARC address systemic needs of the local community with emphasis on rural education and employability. The projects at PARC span the following four primary verticals.
Unique features of PARC
- Over 50 enthusiastic student volunteers round the year to assist in ideation, planning and execution of potential and ongoing activities.
- Over 100 alumni volunteers to work/support on different aspects ranging from fund raising, mentoring, communication, tech tie-up to admin and execution.
- Practice School interns from BITS Pilani for short-term 10 weeks summer projects and 6 months or long-term projects on a continuing basis.
- Full technical, administrative and infrastructure support, as needed, from BITS Pilani management across all its campuses in Pilani, Hyderabad and Goa.
- 80G, FCRA registrations and full compliance for many years. Registration with Give2Asia in USA for receiving donations from USA, which is tax free in USA.
- Complete support, co-operation and trust from local community, local administration and the government authorities.
- Own building infrastructure of nearly 17,000 sq. ft in Pilani for conducting various community service initiatives at Pilani.
- Specialised and renowned partner organisations for programme delivery.
- Potential to expand geography beyond the present one to cover more of the district and even the state.
- A unique platform for other NGOs to board and rollout services quickly.
- After a review, UGC has commented that the “PARC model” is among the best in University-Community linkage, and would advocate other universities to adopt this model.
About the Job –
Reporting to the Board of Trustees, the Vice President – Programmes is expected to take overall charge of managing the organisation. The position may be located in Delhi or Hyderabad from where projects, initially, in Pilani and, subsequently, around BITS Pilani Goa and Hyderabad campuses will have to be managed.
Roles and Responsibilities –
Primary roles and responsibilities, among others, will include the following
- Stakeholder Management – Identification, cultivation, retention, management and communication – Alumni of BITS, BITS Pilani management, Birla Education Trust at Pilani, CEERI at Pilani, partners, community leaders and members, local administration, volunteers, interns, etc.
- Programme management and evaluation – plan, design, manage, evaluate and assess programmes handled by partners or own programmes
- Fund raising – the entire spectrum from assessing the need, pitching, collecting to managing/using digital and conventional means, including crowd funding to CSR/government grants
- Finance and compliance – budgeting, finance planning and control, audit, 80G, FCRA and other statutory compliances (both state and central government levels), income tax, etc
- Human resource and team management – motivating, mentoring, leading and efficiently utilising manpower to derive best results for the organisation
- Strategic Management – Overall strategy of delivering efficient service to the community based on their needs, strengthening organisational systems and capabilities, strengthening partner engagement, execution and impact assessment
- Passion for community service, empathy and caring
- Impeccable personal ethics and integrity
- Excellent written, oral communication skills in English and Hindi. Skills in one or two other regional languages will be a plus.
- Proficiency in digital communication, virtual meetings, power point presentations, and other MS Office (or equivalent) tools is a must.
- Excellent decision making and leadership skills
- Ability to reach out and connect with all stakeholders
- Willing to travel across India
- Post graduate with specialisation in sociology/socio-economics/community service disciplines
- 6-8 years of experience, preferably in social sector managing multiple programmes and projects
- Below 40 years
Interested candidates may please send their CV by email to email@example.com with subject line “Application for the post of VP-Programmes” latest by October 5, 2021.
Please click this link for more information.
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd