Organization: Trickle Up
Apply By: 28 Feb 2020
Location: Kolkata(West Bengal)
About the Organization:
Trickle Up helps people in extreme poverty and vulnerability advance their economic and social well-being. They drive large-scale change by partnering with governments, global institutions, and local organizations. They work with women and vulnerable populations to start sustainable livelihoods and join self-help groups that give them a safe place to save money, access credit, gain hope and confidence, and become decision-makers in their households and communities.
Position: Program Director
Reporting to the Asia Regional Director, the Program Director will be responsible for ensuring quality program development and implementation, demonstrating measureable results and impact. S/he will be an experienced, motivated, and value driven professional who will lead a team of Program experts to ensure high quality and timely program design and implementation. The Program Director line manages members of the Asia Regional Program Team. S/he will demonstrate the highest levels of accountability, demonstrating his/her leadership skills and capacities while fostering team innovation, accountability, effective communication and cohesion. S/he will lead by example, and will have demonstrated programming expertise in livelihoods, women’s empowerment, partnership and capacity building approaches; as well as monitoring, evaluation and learning. The Program Director will be a senior member of a dynamic team that places strong emphasis on building a strong and cohesive program team. S/he will also be responsible for nurturing effective partnerships to contribute to Trickle Up’s mission, The Program Director will provide both technical and operational support, managing program operations that support interventions with strategic partners.
The Program Director will be a key member of the global Trickle Up Program Director team and will lead on behalf of the Trickle UP Asia team on global program priorities and task forces, and/or designate within the team as appropriate.
- Ensure adoption of effective team management approaches across the organization, building synergies and talents across teams and individuals to ensure high quality achievements and results.
- Strengthen team capacity and team cohesion
- Assume line management of program management and M & E team
- Ensure that team members bring their individual skills, expertise and competencies to form a cohesive and supportive team to achieve TU’s goals and objectives in an accountable manner.
- Demonstrate and instill value driven individual and team approaches to ensure an optimal, harmonious and inspiring work environment.
- Ensure all team members have performance objectives, regular performance reviews and individual capacity building plans developed as needed to support talent development.
- Lead the development of innovative, effective programs that enable people to graduate out of ultra-poverty and contribute to the sector’s knowledge base and partnership capacities.
- Lead scale-up strategy implementation and adjustment, working in close collaboration with TU headquarters team members as well as global Program Directors’ group team members.
- Lead on the development of concept notes and proposals and required program reports.
- Work with finance team to develop project budgets in line with donor guidelines. Ensure effective and timely monitoring and appropriate expenditure of project/program budgets.
Program Management & Implementation:
- Manage the implementation of projects to ensure timely and quality implementation.
- Direct all aspects of program management and implementation to meet donor compliance in on-going and new program.
- Work closely with the Senior Management team, to properly monitor program implementation progress, identify issues of concern (utilizing dashboard tools and program site visit reports), and develop agreed upon actions to address.
- Identify staff capacity requirements
- Direct communications with donors, ensuring quality and timeliness of all reporting.
Coordination and Representation:
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders and technical staff.
- Maintain a strong understanding of the top relationships in the organization portfolio in order to represent the organization and partnership strategies to internal and external stakeholders
- Make significant contributions to the quality and quantity of institutional partnerships and partnerships with government.
- Ensure accountability to beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international development team, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
Research and Learning:
- Lead the development, in close collaboration with M & E Team, of research objectives and partnerships to produce rigorous, actionable research for Trickle Up and strategic partners in line with global priorities and relevant to the Asia context.
- Promote organizational learning in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities.
Member of senior leadership team of Trickle Up Asia:
- The Program Director is a Member of the Trickle Up Asia senior leadership team. As such, s/he will assist the Regional Director with various operational as well as strategic initiatives to promote an effective work environment within Trickle Up Asia. In addition to the above, job duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist with strategic planning and coordination of the organization’s programs and projects. Provide mentoring, leadership and coaching support to staff
- Lead by example, by holding self and all staff accountable for high levels of performance, teamwork and quality customer service.
- Assist with identification of best practices and proactively support improving internal systems with an eye toward future needs and budget realities.
- The Program Director will report directly to the Asia Regional Director.
- Program Director will work closely with, Director of Operations, Sr./Program Manager, M & E and Knowledge Management, Communication, Key stakeholders in Resource Development, Technical Support Unit and field teams.
- The Program Director will be a member of the Trickle Up global Program Director Working Group
Required qualifications and core competencies:
- Post-graduation or equivalent in Management or MBA (Rural Development) or MBA or PGDM in Rural Development/Social Work.
- Demonstrated 17 years management experience at field level working with field-based staff to ensure timely and quality program implementation for international NGO;
- Overall experience managing livelihood and/or gender focused programs working in partnership with local NGOs and/or CBOs.
- Experience working in partnership with government and state/national level entities (e.g. NRLM)
- Proven experience of handling projects involving linkages with industries, NGOs, National/State/ local organizations and government;
- Deep commitment to Trickle Up’s core values and ability to model those values in relationships with colleagues and partners.
- Fluency in English and Hindi with excellent verbal and writing skills.
- Prior experience working in teams in a leadership role.
- Experience with training highly desirable.
- Ability to travel frequently within the country and outside (up to 40% of the time).
- Ability to prioritize, organize and carry out multiple tasks efficiently under pressure and with little supervision; ability to accept supervision.
Location: Kolkata, West Bengal with frequent travel to the project areas.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd