Program Manager, FWWB India
Organization: Friends of Women’s World Banking
Apply By: 13 Nov 2021
Job Description: Program Officer, Agriculture, FWWB India
Reporting to: Program Manager, FWWB India
Indirect Reporting: Head Capacity Building
Based at: Bengaluru, Karnataka
Female candidates are preferred
Knowledge of local language is a must
FWWB (Friends of Women’s World Banking) India was promoted in 1981, as an affiliate of Women’s World Banking, a global network created to focus on the need for women’s direct access to financial services and recognising women’s role in building a nation’s economy.
FWWB combines its loans with technical assistance to ensure sustainable growth. From 1989 to 2010, it has reached out to more than 300 Micro Finance Institutions (MFIs) with technical assistance and nearly 200 with loan support. It has also supported different types of institutions such as SHGs, Federations, Cooperatives, NGOs and nascent NBFCs. FWWB was also instrumental in organising various policy forums focusing on financial services for the poor and played a very active role in policy advocacy and has played a significant role in the evolution of the sector. FWWB also entered in to the space of Capacity Building of Farmer Producer Organisations and providing credit to FPOs in different stages of growth for bringing a positive change in the life of small holder farmers.
Cumulatively, FWWB has reached out to more than 10 million women and more than 100 FPOsacross India through various interventions in agriculture capacity building and finance, water and sanitation, solar energy programs, and financial education and women entrepreneurship.
FWWB is now proposing to strengthen the team at Bangalore to support the Farmer Producer Organisations in Karnataka and other southern states.
The Program Officer Agriculture will be responsible for strategizing and implementing FWWB’s Agriculture credit and capacity building programs involving FPCs and formulating a strategy for increasing women’s participation in agriculture, enabling women to get access to schemes, services, information and trainings. Enabling Credit and Marketing linkage for the FPOs.
ENABLE CAPACITY BUILDING
- Develop and design capacity building interventions for small holder farmers/ women farmers/FPOs in digital/financial literacy, access to government schemes, extension services and agronomic trainings.
- Responsible for identifying institutions working with women in agriculture such as FPOs, Co-operatives, SHG Federations, etc.
- Responsible for identifying key training partners in the project geographies who can impart these trainings to the members of agricultural institutions
- Work closely with the program teams of WASH and Solar to ensure access to Sanitation and energy to the women farmers
Operational Roles and responsibilities:
(which are indicative but not exhaustive) of the incumbent are indicated below. The roles and responsibilities may change depending on the priority areas of the organisation.
- Support the Strategizing and implementation of FWWB’s Capacity Building Activities with Partner organisations and beneficiaries in the states where FWWB has presence.
- Take lead in undertaking customization of the Capacity Building program as per project objectives and needs of the beneficiaries
- Conduct Baseline assessments and rapport building exercises with Partner Organisations.
- Undertake Need Assessment and Scoping Study of FPOs, identify their current activities, gaps in their operations and opportunities for scaling up including credit linkage and marketing linkage for the FPOs to make them sustainable.
- Evaluate the overall capacity building requirements of Partner Organizations.
- Customise training programs, refine/ modify existing training contents basis requirement.
- Develop capacity building modules, tools for ensuring quality capacity building for demonstration & replication.
- Deliver trainings and conduct seminars and workshops to build capacities of Partner Organizations on regular basis.
- Undertake required grass root trainings/ master trainer trainings as per the requirement of the program.
- Conduct regular monitoring/ review meetings with Partner Organisations and to ensure effective implementation.
- Coordinate with FWWB’s Credit team to evaluate credit needs for FPOs wherever required
- Facilitate use of tools i.e. social research, monitoring, evaluation and framework to assess the quality of Capacity building & identify appropriate follow-up actions.
- Develop and maintain process documents, training feedbacks, evaluation methods and similar training related documents and tools of assessment.
- Prepare and ensure the timely submission of Monthly Progress Reports to the Program Manager/ Head and as and when instructed.
- Regularly communicate and co-ordinate with partners and other stakeholders
Qualification and work experience:
- Alignment with vision, values and ethos of FWWB
- Passionate about FWWB’s mission and able to promote and communicate the philosophy, mission and values of FWWB to external and internal stakeholders
- A degree in Agriculture, Agronomy, Agriculture Economics, Agri-business management, Rural development/ Candidates from IRMA, MANAGE, IIFM, Other Agri Management Schools. Post-graduation is preferred.
- Minimum 2+years of relevant work experience in the areas of agricultural marketing, agri-input supply, sales & distribution and business development. Commodity market / Agricultural trading, value chain financing, livestock management, watershed management and irrigation, cold chain & warehousing, capacity building work in the development sector.
- Freshers from Agri management schools with development sector orientation and commitment to work in deep rural areas.
- Broad understanding of development domains such as gender, women empowerment, agriculture, livelihoods or financial inclusion with demonstrated ability to provide leadership in partnerships and resource mobilisation
- Ability to carry out market research, diagnostic studies, business planning, design and execution of pilots independently
The compensation philosophy will be consistent with the nature of the job and the sector. The compensation will be in line with the experience and value the individual will be able to add to the organisation.
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd