Program Officer, Human Resources for Health
Organization: Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
Apply By: 12 Jul 2022
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
About the Organization
Guided by the belief that every life has equal value, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation works to help all people lead healthy, productive lives. In developing countries, it focuses on improving people’s health and giving them the chance to lift themselves out of hunger and extreme poverty. In the United States, it seeks to ensure that all people—especially those with the fewest resources—have access to the opportunities they need to succeed in school and life. Based in Seattle, Washington, the foundation is led by CEO Mark Suzman, under the direction of co-chairs Bill Gates and Melinda French Gates and the board of trustees.
The PO will be knowledgeable about global workforce issues and initiatives in health care and will bring high quality expertise to manage investments that support innovative ways to improve quantity, quality, distribution structuring and performance management of HRH in India. This role also entails building strong relationships with external partners, particularly government and government’s supporting institutions. They will manage relationships with national and state government, grantees, and development partners as needed to ensure coordination and collaboration for greater collective impact.
This position reports to the Deputy Director Public Policy and Finance in the India Country Office.
- Collaborate with Foundation colleagues to ensure high quality results frameworks, monitoring, and evaluation of grants and use of data to improve program performance and to inform future investments
- Contribute to strengthening national and state health systems and diffusing successful models and practices that result in scalable, sustainable impact
- Use data and learning from foundation-supported investments and global evidence to collaborate with grantees and other partners to ensure continuous learning that shapes policy, and programs.
- Work closely with Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, professional bodies, regulatory institutions and supporting institutions such as NHSRC to impact national and state level outcomes in health workforce management.
- Work in partnership with foundation colleagues to implement innovative plans and interventions in India for improving the clinical and managerial competencies and performance of health care providers in India.
- Organize partners meetings, convene technical and strategic consultations as needed
- Work in teams to manage well-scoped, well-structured investments (grants and/or contracts) to complete the bodies of work related to HRH, aiming for innovative approaches that can be scaled in the public and private sectors
- Conduct thorough analyses of grants and contracts, grantee progress reports; write high quality briefing documents that synthesize results and findings for leadership and the ICO Health Team.
Education Qualification/Required Skills & Experience
- Ideally, an PGDM-HR, MBA, MPH, PhD or equivalent degree in relevant field.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience would be preferred.
- Experience working in a developing country setting.
- Knowledge of India, particularly as it relates to health workforce management and health care service delivery, strongly preferred.
Core Knowledge & Skills
- Extensive experience in implementing HRH structures, policies, and practices in public sector, preferably in developing country setting
- Experience in working with diverse and high stakes change processes requiring significant change management expertise for advancing programmatic goals
- Experience in engaging government, donors, and implementing partners to effectively handle partnerships
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly matrixed and diverse work environment, with strong collaboration and diplomacy skills
- Proven ability to manage high-return, risk-mitigated grants, with clear achievements and outcomes
- Passion for solving complex problems related to administration and delivery of health care, with emphasis on access, quality, and equity
- Excellent analytical thinking and communications skills, including writing and public speaking skills
- Performance driven and self-motivated with ability to inspire the pursuit of excellence
- Ability to travel up to 40% of time domestically and internationally
- Technical expertise in human resource management.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd