Programme Manager - Education
Organization: Kailash Satyarthi Children’s Foundation (KSCF)
Apply By: 28 Aug 2020
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
About the Organization:
Kailash Satyarthi Children’s Foundation (KSCF), set up by Nobel Peace Laureate, Mr. Kailash Satyarthi, is a global thought leader for prevention of exploitation and violence against children. KSCF works for the creation of a child-friendly world through direct interventions and programmes, research and capacity building, and campaigns for the mobilization of mass support and behaviour change. Mr. Satyarthi’s lessons learned guide the Foundation’s work to engage children and youth as part of the solution, build greater collaboration between governments, business and communities, ensure effective national and international laws, scale know-how and successful practice and create partnerships with key stakeholders.
The Manager Programme is responsible for managing programs (BMG) developing, implementing and reporting Kailash Satyarthi Children’s Foundation (KSCF) – BMG projects within the purview of programme. This position is based in KSCF’s Central Office in New Delhi and the Programme Manager will head a team of dynamic and dedicated individuals working in various projects. This position will require significant content knowledge on issues pertaining to child rights.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Project management of BMG, Child Friendly Schools Projects, Child Protection in Emergency etc.,
- Management of Project staff
- Report writing and documentation
- Monitor and evaluate progress, identify and address/escalate risks and challenges as appropriate
- Identify and share best practice and learning with project team
- Ensure Optimisation and utilisation of KSCF’s MIS system on BMG project
- Programme implementation, monitoring and timely submission of monitoring reports
- Donor coordination, communication on regular basis on day-to-day operations
- Any other work assigned by the supervisor/organization
- Work closely in coordination and collaboration with Senior Programme Manager
- Provide overall supervision and direction to staff working in the team.
- Supervise programme staff and provide strategic direction to them in central office
- Support central office team to design work plan and activities for the respective project and overall implementation of developed plans
- Oversee analysis of collected data and preparation of reports in relationship with the Research department
- Ensure monitoring of project activities to track progress and achievements against planned programme outcomes
- Monitor preparation of donor reports
- Oversee process documentation of programme and prepare a documentation on the process documentation of best practices emerging from the field.
- Coordinate with programme Coordinator – Documentation & MIS for the regular project progress reports and MIS for the projects.
- Develop case studies, success stories and any relevant news worthy items and share it with other departments
- Maintain regular contact with funding partners in the context of your programme
- Liaison and strengthen partnerships with the Government, civil society organisations and other stakeholders and take a lead role in advocacy and dissemination activities with the Government
- Ensure timely support provided to the project team for effective implementation of project
- Timely sharing of targets for the project staff and ensuring timey performance appraisals of the reporting staff are carried out.
- Identify potential donors, funding agencies and prepare concept notes and project proposal
- Master’s degree in Social work, Social sciences or equivalent.
Experience and Exposure
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience with adequate experience in working for child protection projects
- Experience of working in an education sector and has good knowledge of education related schemes in India
- Essential of working on school based intervention in promoting quality education is necessary
- Collaboration with corporate's to ensure promotion of enrollment and retention of children in schools.
- Experience of implementing large scale project through systems and processes
- Expertise in data management and monitoring of large scale project
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience of working with people from diverse socio-cultural backgrounds would be an added advantage
- In-depth understanding of issues related to child rights and youth rights, child labour eradication, education, RTE (Right To Education Act) and stop child slavery, trafficking
- Flexible in working with different teams and on different priorities at different points of time.
- Excellent in networking and partnership building
- Willing to travel to the various program areas across pan India including village and block level rural areas.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd