Programme Officer - Renewable Energy Programme
Organization: Centre for Science and Environment (CSE)
Apply By: 07 Nov 2020
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
About the Organization:
Centre for Science and Environment (CSE) is a public interest research and advocacy organisation based in New Delhi. CSE researches into, lobbies for and communicates the urgency of development that is both sustainable and equitable. Their aim is to raise these concerns, participate in seeking answers and – more importantly – in pushing for answers and transforming these into policies and so, practice. They do this through their research and by communicating their understanding through their publications.
Position: Programme Officer for Renewable Energy Programme
About the Programme
CSE’s Renewable Energy Programme is committed to championing the study of the most pressing issues related to the renewable energy development primarily in India and with an international perspective, as well as the international and domestic interventions that characterize our response to energy access, energy security and sustainable development. With keeping in mind this principal, the Renewable Energy team conducts and disseminates research on emerging renewable energy technologies and its commercialization / adoption in practiceand help in developing capacities of various stakeholders through trainings and workshops to create multipliers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- They are looking for an individual who would be an integral member of the Renewable Energy team take active role in research and advocacy to push renewable energy especially in the context of broad electricity market reforms, equitable access and distributed generation. The candidate will report to Programme Director, who will give overall research direction to the team.
- The candidate, assisted by a team, will carry out research through both primary data collection and secondary literature studies. The candidate will be responsible for the team s research output including reports, policy briefs and articles in media.
- The candidate will lead RE team’s advocacy effort through various channels. He/ she will be responsible for dissemination of the team s research through active engagement with policy makers, think tanks and civil society. The candidate will represent CSE at renewable energy meetings/ conferences and communicate with press, television and electronic media. He/ she will need to follow regulatory and technical developments in India as well as in other countries, critique policy changes for internal discussions and give feedback to relevant stakeholders including the Govt.
- The candidate will assist CSE s efforts to promote renewable energy in emerging countries in Africa and Asia.
Qualification and Experience
- A Master’s or PhD degree in natural resource management, environmental science/law/economy, international relations, sustainable development or other fields relevant for the consultancy.
- A minimum of 3–5 years of relevant working experience, including in-depth knowledge of renewable energy technologies, policies, programmes and good practices.
- Ideally experience in the policy research, advocacy writing
- Experience in developing country perspective. Experience working in aninternational organization will be considered an asset.
- Substantial record of research and publications with an emphasis on energy access, energy securityand sustainable development, including non-scientific communications.
- Excellent demonstrated writing skills and fluency in English is required.
- CSE pays a competitive salary that will be commensurate with qualification and experience.
To apply for the above position, please visit http://jobs.cseindia.org and choose ‘PO – Ren. Energy’. Please submit your application latest by 7th November, 2020.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd