Organization: National AIDS Control Organization
Apply By: 24 Sep 2020
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
About the Organization:
National AIDS Control Organization is a division of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare that provides leadership to HIV/AIDS control programme in India through 35 HIV/AIDS Prevention and Control Societies. In 1986, following the detection of the first AIDS case in the country, the National AIDS Committee was constituted in the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. As the epidemic spread, need was felt for a nationwide programme and an organization to steer the programme. In 1992 India’s first National AIDS Control Programme (1992-1999) was launched, and National AIDS Control Organization (NACO) was constituted to implement the programme.
Position: Programme Officer
Role & Responsibilities:
Programme Officer will assist in the smooth operation and management of the Secretariat of India-Country Coordinating Mechanism (CCM) for the Global Fund for AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria by performing the following functions:
- Provide support to the India-CCM by calling and organizing regular meetings, assisting in capacity-building for the CCM, including organization of induction training and workshops, and liaison with the various CCM constituencies and their representatives, including GFATM, Local Fund Agent, the Government Principal Recipients (NACO, CTD, NVBDCP) and the NGO PR’s.
- Management of CCM processes- updating list of members, facilitating for the election of civil society representatives, preparing the agenda of meetings, preparing minutes and circulating them to the CCM within defined time limits. Document all meetings and all matters relating to grant implementation in India.
- Facilitate the work of Oversight Committee and other committees/sub committees of India CCM.
- Facilitate and manage the preparation, development and submission of the national proposal to the GFATM for allocation cycles announced by the GFATM
- KeeptrackofthedisbursementoffundinstallmentstothePR’sfromtheGFATMandto the sub-recipients from the PR’s; analyse the reports, seek clarifications/feedback and disseminate information to CCM members
- Support India-CCM by providing the needed technical facilitation and effective coordination and liaison with the various constituencies andits representatives at the CCM that may be nominated by India-CCM in subsequent Grant Rounds/Funding models and the GFATM Secretariat.
- Responsible for updation of the CCM website with routine India CCM activity updates, data from latest progress reports of PRs, and coordinating responses to the queries regarding GFATM programs in India.
Educational Qualification and Experience
- Master’s Degree/Post graduate diploma in Public Health/Health Care Management/ Social Sciences from a recognized university or institution with relevant work Experience.
- Minimum two years post-qualification work experience in health sector in the area of programme management with Govt./ Private/ NGO/ other organizations working in health related field/ health projects at National/ State/District level.
- The essential qualification may be relaxed in cases of experienced candidates or if there are no candidates available with the prescribed qualification.
- Experience of working for HIV/AIDS, TB and Malaria programs in govt. or non government sector preferably at National level.
- Experience of working with Global Fund projects will be considered an added advantage.
Knowledge and skills:
- Computer proficiency with high level of familiarity with commonly used packages like MS Word, Excel, Power Point
- Abilitytofunctioncollaborativelyandproductivelyinamulti-disciplinaryenvironment/ multiple sectors/agencies, especially in health and related sectors
- Possess team working capability
- Interpersonal and management skills with ability to work in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Fluent in English and Hindi
Remuneration: Rs. 48,000 per month (Consolidated)
Age: Upper limit 63 years as on the last date of receiving application.
Please send applications with updated CV via email to email@example.com by 24th September 2020. Please ensure to mention post applied for in the subject of email application.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd