Organization: Clean Air Asia
Apply By: 25 Jan 2022
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Position Title: Project Assistant
Location: New Delhi, India
Application Closing Date: 25 January 2022
Estimated Start Date: ASAP
Clean Air Asia is an international NGO established in 2001 as the premier air quality network for Asia by the Asian Development Bank, World Bank and USAID. Our mission is to promote better air quality and liveable cities by translating knowledge to policies and actions that reduce air pollution and greenhouse gas emissions from transport, energy and other sectors.
Clean Air Asia India has been working in the area of air quality management since 2008, and our work primarily focuses on city level air quality management, supporting the preparation and implementation of City Air Action Plans and seeking solutions for better air quality.
We are seeking an energetic, responsible project assistant/s to join our growing organization and support cities in implementing air action plans. In this position, you will work with a dynamic team of researchers and managers to generate and interpret data of air quality and support training, engagement and communication activities for policy makers, communities, and youth.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE OF WORK
Under the direct supervision of the Programs Lead, India office, the Project Assistant’s main responsibilities are:
A. Project Management, Implementation, Reporting and Coordination
- Support the Program Lead in planning, implementation, monitoring of clean air action plan work of the Clean Air Asia India Office.
- Support the Program Lead in project implementation for advancing better air quality in Indian cities as required under project deliverables. This will involve assisting in project planning activities, research and documentation for the technical guidance in the knowledge products, coordinating of activities, the development and delivery of reports within the timeframe.
- Work under the supervision of the Program Lead in the preparation of material and documentation on air quality issues including research and analysis, preparation of project reports, meeting proceedings, presentations.
- Travel to field sites to collect and record data and/or samples as appropriate to the specific objectives of the study/ project need.
- Engage with stakeholders like youth, children and vulnerable communities.
- Take a lead role in organizing workshops, conferences and events related to the projects.
- Participate and/or coordinate various supporting activities related to Clean Air Asia’s India Strategy.
- Carry out other tasks as appropriate and relevant to Clean Air Asia’s programs and activities as allocated by the India Director.
B. Inputs to Knowledge Management and Capacity Building
- Coordinate with partners and stakeholders for Capacity Building programs.
- Support the team in field works and coordination.
- Conduct research / data analysis, interpret the findings, and develop a report with action-oriented recommendations.
- Support the India Director in background material for presentations and support to capacity building module development.
- Desk research and collection of information relevant to project and report to the supervisor accordingly.
- Support in strengthening Youth for Clean Air Network (YCAN).
- Take notes and memos during meetings; type documents, drafts, and reports; sort and manage files
- Support in communication/ social media of Clean Air Asia.
- Periodic writing support for communicating Clean Air Asia’s work on air quality.
- Technical writing support for preparation of communication material.
C. Building Partnerships among Clean Air Asia partners
- Support the India Director in maintaining relations with existing Clean Air Asia partners in India.
- Prepare presentations and background notes for India Director’s representation in key events.
- Any other task provided by the India Director or Program Lead-India office as and when required.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS AND CRITERIA
- Master’s Degree in Science, preferably Environment Science or urban planning, with at least 3-4 years of work experience in development sector.
- Background/ Interest in environmental/ air quality issues
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-directed and able to work without supervision
- Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas
- Knowledge of social media skills- Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, web content development will be an asset.
This is a work from office position and the incumbent will be expected to travel regularly to field.
DURATION, REMUNERATION and OTHER BENEFITS
The selected candidate will be appointed for six months to one year under a fixed term contract with possibility of extension based on satisfactory performance and availability of project funding. The remuneration is competitive but may vary subject to the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Kindly submit your application to https://cleanairasia.org/work-with-us/project-assistant-0 on or before 25 January 2022. All applicants should state the reasons for their interest in the position, relevant details of qualifications and experience (inclusion of documents/files demonstrating previous and published work is encouraged), and contact details for three referees. We encourage early application as applications will be processed as they are received so the recruiting process may end earlier than the closing date. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ABOUT CLEAN AIR ASIA
Clean Air Asia is an international non-governmental organization leading the regional mission for better air quality, and healthier, more livable cities throughout Asia. We work with partners to reduce air pollution and greenhouse gas emissions across Asia by building capacity, advocating for effective and appropriate policies and practice, and informing stakeholders of air pollution and climate change impacts.
We aim to reduce air pollution and greenhouse gas emissions in 1000+ cities in Asia through a range of innovative policies and programs covering air quality, transport and industrial emissions, and energy use.
We work with energy, environment, health and transport ministries, cities, the private sector, development agencies, academia and civil society to provide leadership and technical knowledge in Air Quality and Climate Change and Sustainable Transportation (Low Emissions Urban Development, Clean Fuels and Vehicles, Green Freight and Logistics), and Clean Air Certification. Clean Air Asia is headquartered in Manila and has offices in Beijing and Delhi.
Clean Air Asia’s approach is one of science-based, actionable guidance combined with an ethos of partnerships and collaboration to ensure our work has meaningful and sustainable impact.
We are a member of multiple regional and international committees and forums, including the Air Quality Technical Working Group under the Regional Forum on Environment and Health, the Partnership for Clean Fuels and Vehicles, the Global Fuel Economy Initiative, the ASEAN Working Group on Environmentally Sustainable Cities, the Asian Co-benefits Partnership, the Climate and Clean Air Coalition, the Global Atmospheric Pollution Forum, the Asia LEDS Partnership, the Global LEDS Transport Working Group, the Partnership on Sustainable, Low Carbon Transport, and the Urban Electric Mobility Initiative.
Our Better Air Quality Conference, a biennial event ﬁrst held in 2002, brings together more than 1,000 policymakers, practitioners and industry leaders in developing solutions for cleaner air and livable cities. It is Asia’s largest and most prestigious air quality gathering.
In 2008, Clean Air Asia became a United Nations-recognized partnership comprised of more than 250 organizations in Asia and internationally, with six Country Networks (Indonesia, Malaysia, Nepal, the Philippines, Sri Lanka and Vietnam).
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd