Project Management Specialist (Education)
Organization: United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
Apply By: 01 Nov 2020
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
About the Organization:
United States Agency for International Development (USAID) is an independent agency of the United States federal government that is primarily responsible for administering civilian foreign aid and development assistance. With a budget of over $27 billion, USAID is one of the largest official aid agencies in the world, and accounts for more than half of all U.S. foreign assistance—the highest in the world in absolute dollar terms. As an official component of U.S. foreign policy, USAID operates subject to the guidance of the President, Secretary of State, and the National Security Council.
Position: Project Management Specialist (Education)
Duties to be performed
Education Program/Project Management - 45%
- The Project Management Specialist (Education) serves as COR/AOR and/or Activity Manager for selected implementing partners, coordinating implementation in a wide variety of circumstances, ensures that high-quality results are being obtained in accordance with Mission/Agency standards, and following best practices and procedures.
Technical Advice and Advocacy - 35%
- The Project Management Specialist (Education) works with colleagues in GDO, and with other offices, especially the Office of Program Support, to strengthen USAID strategic and programmatic directions, and GDO’s ability to manage programs/projects/activities effectively, with special emphasis on implementing best practices in early grade reading.
- The Specialist engages with and keeps track of the work being done by other national and international NGOs, governments, autonomous institutions, researchers and academics in order to advise the mission based on the latest developments and evidence.
Representation and Coordination – 20%
- The Project Management Specialist (Education) maintains close contact with and engages in technical and policy dialogue as appropriate with staff and senior representatives of international organizations and missions, the GOI, non-governmental organizations and foreign donors in the sector.
- The Specialist assures effective coordination of USAID-funded activities with those of other donors working with the GOI and other non-governmental organizations, USAID/Washington, and the U.S. Embassy.
- Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent formal education in education, economic and social sciences, business administration, or in a relevant related field is required.
Prior Work Experience:
- A minimum 5 years of experience in managing, developing development programs is required.
Language Proficiency: Level IV (fluent) English and Hindi, speaking, reading, and writing, proficiency is required.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd