Project Manager South Asia Regional Directorate M / F
Organization: Agence Française de Développement (AFD)
Apply By: 21 Dec 2021
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
About the Organization
The Agence Françoise de Development (AFD) group implements France's development policy and international solidarity. It finances, supports and accelerates the transitions towards a more coherent and resilient world.
With our partners, we are building shared solutions, with and for the populations of the South. Our teams are involved in more than 4,000 projects in the field, in overseas territories, in 115 countries and territories in crisis, for the common goods - climate, biodiversity, peace, gender equality , education or even health. We are thus contributing to the commitment of France and the French in favor of the Sustainable Development Goals. For a world in common.
Job Description/ Responsibilities
Under the responsibility of the Regional Director, the Volunteer will have the following main missions:
- Participate in the updating of the Country Intervention Frameworks of the five countries of the South Asia zone as well as in the analysis of the strategic documents produced at Headquarters by the Orients Department in particular;
- Participate in the work of translating the French strategy for the Indo-Pacific into AFD's operations;
vs. At the request of the Regional Director, and in conjunction with the regional communications officer and regional agencies, prepare language elements for (i) meetings involving regional donors or operators and (ii) internal events.
Animation of institutional and research partnerships
- To. Participate in the development of research projects in close collaboration with the research department (IRS), the geographic department (in particular the economist) and local teams: identification, writing, facilitation of workshops
- Facilitate institutional partnerships with think tanks and local or international research centers and contribute to the preparation of seminars and webinars
Contribution to operational activities
- Support the heads of regional sectoral platforms (urban mobility, water & sanitation, green energies) in terms of capitalization
- Contribute to strengthening the group's gender approach in South Asia: participation in the “gender” working group, compilation and analysis of “gender” indicators in the portfolio and writing of a newsletter
- contribute to the drafting of the annual report of the regional management
4. Identification of the first operations of the AFD of regional scope or in potential new geographies:
VIA will intervene in support of the Regional Director for
- analyze the intervention context (political, economic, presence of development partners) and prepare a framework note,
- identify AFD's first operations in coordination with the technical teams at Headquarters.
Education Qualification/Required Skills & Experience
- You hold a Bac + 5 / Master 2 level diploma obtained in an engineering school, business school, university or IEP in particular.
- higher university education or a graduate of a large school, you have acquired a specialization (sectorial, geographic, etc.) in connection with the portfolio of projects entrusted.
- You had the opportunity to put these skills into practice during your first international experiences, ideally in a developing country. You are particularly motivated by the issues of development aid.
- Fluency in English is essential.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd