Project Officer – Women and Child Health
Organization: Swaniti Initiative
Apply By: 12 Oct 2022
About the Organization
Swaniti was founded with the belief that strong democratic institutions will lead to delivery of basic services and lift the most vulnerable out of poverty.
Decision makers across South Asia have the desire to deliver sustainable change, but are limited by a lack of human capital, and insufficient data driven knowledge and insight to target the areas it is most needed. Lack of effective networks and communication between key players at a local and national level also acts as a barrier to change.
We are looking for a passionate and experienced professional who is keen on taking up a leadership role in the development sector. The Project Officer shall represent Swaniti and will lead projects in close coordination with District Administration for goals like health care services and facilities, unemployment reduction, livelihood generation, improving educational outcomes, and poverty reduction. The Project Officer would have quantifiable targets on how to most effectively manage projects. The key component of the role would be to strategically identify projects and ensure the appropriate monitoring and impact assessment are done. The Project Officer will also have to demonstrate the ability to manage relations with government departments effectively. With the support of the Team Lead, the PO would be expected to formulate and implement an end-to-end strategy, while maintaining consistent liaising with the district administration.
Stakeholder Relationship Management and Sectoral focus
- Analyse the health services delivery mechanisms and take initiatives with the district administration to fix the gaps of the public health systems of the district.
- Conduct Gram Sabhas and PRA exercises in all mining affected villages in the district in order to prepare list of projects to be taken up under the DMF for better performance of the district on health indicators and integrate it into Annual Action Plans.
- Coordinate or combine the resources of health care institutions, social service organizations, public safety personnel, or other agencies to enhance community health.
- Design or use monitoring tools, like screening, lab records, and vital information, to recognize health risks.
- Develop tools to address behavioral causes of diseases.
- Facilitate or control prevention programs in specialized areas such as aerospace, work-related, infectious disease, and environmental medicine.
- Assess the effectiveness of recommended risk reduction actions or other interventions.
- Recognize groups at threat of specific preventable diseases.
- Prepare precautionary health reports which include problem explanations, analyses, alternate solutions, and suggestions.
- Deliver details about potential health risks and possible treatments to the media, the public, other health care experts, or local, state, and national health regulators.
- Manage or coordinate the work of doctors, nurses, statisticians, or other staff members.
- Design, implement or assess health service delivery systems to enhance the health of specific communities.
- Facilitate the approval of the Annual Action Plans in the Managing / Executive Committee and Governing Council of DMF.
- Oversee the implementation of the approved projects, through regular field visits and raise flags at the appropriate level if there is any case of any discrepancy.
- Promote community-based monitoring tools like Social Audit of projects executed under the DMF underlining health practices and services.
- Documentation of initiatives, observations, recommendations, success stories, and impact at periodic intervals.
- Operate in full coordination with the PMU Team, line departments and the verticals of Swaniti Initiative.
Institutionalising Systemic Changes
- The Project Officer will be expected to function as a resource person to the district and come up with recommendations that may support the government in initiating and institutionalizing required structural changes.
Project Planning, Implementation, monitoring and Evaluation
- Conceptualize a wide range of impactful projects and implement the same for achievement of the goals at the district level.
- Collaborate with different verticals of Swaniti Initiative in formulating, strategizing, implementing and evaluating action research projects.
- Develop impact evaluation matrix for the projects to ensure appropriate monitoring of the program.
- Work with the Swaniti team to identify innovative programs and projects.
Education Qualification/Required Skills & Experience
- Post-graduate degree in any field with a preference for those possessing a degree in rural development, public policy, management, or public administration. Candidates having masters from Tier 1 institutions are preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience in the development sector. Preference given to candidates possessing experience working directly with grant-making foundations and/or district administration.
- At least 1 year of experience working in project managing positions.
- Leadership Skill
- Team Management
- Strategic Planning
- Government Liaison
- Project Management
- Communication – Proficiency in Verbal and Written English
- Planning and negotiation skills
- Proficiency in MS Office suite.
- Google Drive and Survey Forms
- Emailing and Video Conferencing
- Personality Traits
- Tech Savvy
- Quick Learner
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd