Position Title: Public Health Expert (Consultant)
Location: New Delhi
Duration: Sixty Days (60 Days)
Reporting to: GHSA Liaison Coordinator, New Delhi
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. FHI 360 has been working in India for almost four decades and is well recognized in the country for its technical excellence, robust research, and evidence-based integrated programming. FHI 360 has operated in almost all major states in the country, presently has its Head Office in New Delhi and is supported by various funders.
Compensation: Compensation levels at FHI 360 are equivalent to market rates within the development sector. However, offers shall be based on salary history, relevant experience and qualifications.
Terms Of Reference
Background: FHI 360 is implementing the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) – Enhancing Global Health Security: Expanding Efforts to Protect and Improve Public Health Globally (EGHS) project in Africa and Asia. Due to the second wave of COVID-19, EGHS has redirected it’s programming to respond to COVID-19 focusing on interstate migrants staying in New Delhi and traveling to four rural districts in Uttar Pradesh (UP) and Bihar. FHI 360 plans to hire a Public Health consultant to review technical content for accuracy of information related to COVID-19 that will be developed within the project; conduct trainings and provide technical guidance to FHI 360 consultants and NGO staff in Delhi and rural districts related to COVID-19 prevention, testing and management.
Roles and Responsibilities:
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Collate and develop a repository of COVID-19 related guidelines, standard operating procedures (SOP) developed by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, National Center for Disease Control (NCDC), Indian Council for Medical Research (ICMR), CDC and World Health Organization.
- Review SBCC strategy and material developed by the project on COVID-19 for technical accuracy of its content and adherence of messages as per national guidelines.
- Develop technical guidance and frequently asked questions (FAQ) to address myths and misconceptions among interstate migrant population and their families in Delhi and four rural districts.
- Conduct training of NGO staff as well as front line workers on current guidelines on COVID-19 prevention, testing and management; vaccination; addressing myths and misconceptions among migrants.
- Support policy makers, program managers, administration officials, Chief Medical Officer, health officials and task force members at state and district level to address the COVID-19 pandemic through review of data related to migrants, looking at trends of spread of disease and provide policy and programmatic recommendations to the officials.
- Prepare periodic reports and contribute to monthly, quarterly and semi-annual reports of FHI 360.
- Deliverables: The following outlines proposed deliverables for this position. This list is subject to change based on needs of project and should not be considered final.
- Repository of COVID-19 guidelines, SOPs, policies, etc.
- Guidance document on FAQ to address myths/misconceptions around COVID-19
- Training report from training on COVID-19 guidelines, prevention, testing and management, vaccination, and myths/misconceptions.
- Meeting minutes
Education: Masters’ degree in public health or social sciences; Post graduate degree in Medicine or Preventive and Social Medicine
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in handling public health emergencies; disease outbreaks in India
- Excellent knowledge of standard operating procedures and technical guidelines related to public health emergencies and disease outbreaks in India
- Knowledge of methods of public health data collection, analysis and interpretation
- Strong negotiation and listening skills
- Self-motivated and flexible to change
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize work & time independently and proactively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Hindi are essential
- Excellent interpersonal skills, team-oriented work style, and experience in working in a multi-cultural environment