Public Policy Director
Apply By: 13 Mar 2021
About the Organization:
Twitter, Inc. is the best and fastest place to see what’s happening and what people are talking about all around the world. From breaking news and entertainment to sports and politics, from big events to everyday interests. If it’s happening anywhere, it’s happening first on Twitter. Twitter is where the full story unfolds with all the live commentary and where live events come to life unlike anywhere else.
Position: Public Policy Director – India
The Public Policy team acts as Twitter’s ambassadors to government policymakers, regulators, and civil society groups on public policy issues. They focus on addressing issues such as advocating for an Open Internet, freedom of expression, privacy, online safety, net neutrality, and data protection to advance the interests of Twitter and their customers. In addition, they serve as the #TwitterForGood team and provide guidance, resources, and support for Twitter’s Corporate Social Responsibility mission.
What you’ll do:
- As Twitter’s public policy lead based in India, this you’ll drive and assist development and advocacy of public policy solutions to pressing high technology issues. Specifically, you will:
- Manage and build a team of public policy and philanthropy specialists to protect and advance Twitter's interests in India;
- Be responsible for executing projects, driving efficient collaboration across the Public Policy team for India and as required, South Asia
- Lead a team that monitors and reports public policy issues of importance to Twitter and people using our service in the region, including in the national legislative and executive branches and related agencies;
- Develop market strategies for our @Policy, @Gov and @TwitterForGood
- Advise and update Twitter Leadership on strategic public policy matters.
- Offer counsel and co-develop strategies for internal teams on stakeholder engagement, crisis management, solving problems across key public policy issues that impact Twitter.
- Meet with key government, political, and media representatives to educate them about Twitter and seek to advance policy outcomes beneficial to Twitter and the people who use the service.
- Represent Twitter at technology industry gatherings and coalition meetings, speak at events, and testify in front of national legislative panels.
- Develop a strong network of third-party public interest groups, industry associations and academics engaged in technology policy issues with a special focus on online safety.
- Demonstrate entrepreneurial drive with respect to developing and implementing Twitter innovations into the work of government and civic entities in ways that showcase the power of these platforms to meet the needs of citizens and Governments.
- University degree; advanced degrees most welcome.
- 15+ years professional experience with deep expertise in government, politics and technology policy; or related civil society experience and leadership with deep knowledge across all such disciplines.
- Deep experience working across multiple functions, influencing, and collaborating with others to successfully implement programs and initiatives; history of successful cross-functional team and leadership collaboration
- Outstanding demonstrated written, oral, public and interpersonal communication skills;
- Fluency in communications and/or social media technology, combined with a passion about the power of communications to change the world for the better.
- Proven entrepreneurial, organizational, and operational abilities.
- English and Hindi fluency is essential, multilingual fluency is a plus.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd