Public Policy Mgr
Apply By: 12 Jul 2022
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
About the Organization
Amazon.com, Inc. is an American multinational technology company which focuses on e-commerce, cloud computing, digital streaming, and artificial intelligence. It has been referred to as "one of the most influential economic and cultural forces in the world", and is one of the world's most valuable brands.
Would you like to be part of a public policy team focused on increasing awareness and driving the adoption of cloud computing amongst enterprises, the public sector, and regulated industry market segments in South Asia. The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Public Policy team is at the forefront of helping customers maximize the benefits of cloud computing by addressing regulatory and political blockers to cloud adoption, and is looking for an individual to help drive our engagements with governments and government agencies for Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Nepal.
Amazon Internet Services Pvt. Ltd (AISPL) is looking for a talented individual to develop and execute advocacy strategies, and represent AISPL before policymakers in across South Asia. The successful candidate will proactively advance engagements with key policymakers, IT decision-makers and executives in the central government and other relevant organizations, and help prioritize international, national, and state-level government public policy issues impacting AWS and the broader regulatory environment for cloud computing. They will address policy risks to the business as well as advance strategic business opportunities and initiatives in key market segments, and will need to become familiar with all aspects of AWS’ business and interface directly with business units in the country. The individual should be willing to travel as necessary.
This individual will report to the India and South Asia Public Policy lead in AISPL and be based in Delhi. Key areas of responsibilities include:
- Analyze the regulatory environment to craft and effectively deliver a coordinated advocacy strategy and catalyze sustainable growth for the business in South Asia countries;
- Assess and communicate potential regulatory threats and business opportunities, develop mitigation or enhancement strategies and policy positions, and coordinate external advocacy, outreach programs, and key initiatives;
- Work collaboratively and transparently with the business units to ensure alignment between public policy goals and core business objectives;
- While focus will be in South Asia, collaborate closely with team driving public policy agenda in India;
- Develop relations with industry associations and advance the company’s policy positions through industry associations to enable a transparent and technology-friendly regulatory environment for cloud computing in South Asia countries;
- Facilitate high-level meetings between AWS and AISPL executives and key stakeholders, including senior government officials, regulators, industry associations and alliance partners to promote advocacy positions in South Asia;
- Coordinate and draft responses to public consultation papers, position papers and talking points for company representatives in conferences, panels, round tables, etc. for South Asia countries;
- Participate and contribute to membership opportunities in industry associations on behalf of the company, and ensure appropriate utilization of judgment and integrity in employing external consultants.
Education Qualification/Required Skills & Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline (Law, Political Science, Public Policy, Engineering, Sciences etc.) is required;
- 8+ years of experience representing a large company or association before government policymakers, including significant experience running public policy and/or public sector procurement policy efforts;
- Proficiency in written and spoken English is necessary.
- Previous experience in the information technology (IT) sector, with an understanding of eGovernance programs, associated policies and key stakeholders in state governments
- The successful candidate must be inquisitive, enthusiastic about technology, enjoy working hard and being continually challenged, and demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations
- Excellent knowledge of advocacy and public policy development on IT-related policies, including procurement, security, privacy, risk and liability limitation, Internet access, corporate compliance;
- Previous experience working with industry associations. Leadership experience in a industry association is an asset
- Ability to identify and understand key technical aspects pertaining to corporate operations in legislative and regulatory proposals, understand business implications, and synthesize policy documents for internal and external customers;
- Highly effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills. Demonstrated ability to effectively and comfortably interact at the highest corporate, political and educational levels
- Maintain the highest personal levels of ethical conduct, confidentiality and integrity, with a well-respected professional reputation in the industry;
- Self-starter with a proven track record of successfully working with various functional groups across an organization and different cultures, in addition to the ability to work independently
- Ability to debate and negotiate with others. Possesses strong judgment/decision-making skills and political acumen,while maintaining flexibility as required
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd