Regional Officer – Health and Nutrition
Organization: Project Concern International India (PCI India)
Apply By: 14 Jul 2020
About the Organization:
Project Concern International (PCI) has been working since 1998 to improve a broad range of integrated health and development outcomes and now has a presence across 10 states. PCI mobilizes communities in a way that effectively leverages, strengthens and builds ownership in local community groups, resources, and structures, particularly those consisting of women and other marginalized populations. PCI has expertise in effectively integrating a gender perspective into its work and promoting women’s economic, social and political empowerment. PCI has vast on-the-ground experience in transforming women’s collectives
Position: Regional Officer–Health and Nutrition
No. of Posts: 02
About the Project – Jeevika Technical Support Program (JTSP)
They are working with the Bihar Rural Livelihood Promotion Society to provide technical assistance to JEEViKA - one of the largest community platform globally of women Self Help Groups (SHGs). JTSP is the only such model operating at a scale where health and nutrition issues are seamlessly integrated into the platform of livelihoods and are bringing desired results by improving health and nutrition status of families and, thereby, reducing overall vulnerabilities of the family – which is a stated mandate of National Rural Livelihoods Mission in India. JTSP functions as an innovation lab that identifies and tests low-cost scalable solution for some of the most intractable development challenges in health, nutrition and sanitation.
Regional Officer Health and Nutrition officers are a part of the Technical Team of JEEViKA Technical Support Unit of the PCI State Team based in various districts, Bihar of PCI Mission in India.
This position will provide support in training and capacity building towards integrating Health and Nutrition in the JEEViKA platform. The position will also support in system strengthening, convergence and advocacy. The position shall focus on Community Mobilization and Social Behavior Change Communication (SBCC) and support District project coordination unit (DPCU) / Health and Nutrition Manager (HN Manager) in conducting different types of community events or campaigns to bring out behavior changes in the practices. The integral part of the position shall be monitoring, Knowledge Management and Communication.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
Training and Capacity Development
- He/She should work towards building the capacity of filed based staff of JTSP and JEEViKA Health and Nutrition (HN) vertical
- Supportive supervision of Health and Nutrition officer, Training officer based at district Head Quarter
- Identify and raise the district and block wise gaps on training and integration of HN activities and sharing it with DPCU and State Project Management Unit (SPMU)
- Provide support to the HN Managers in developing capacity building plan of his/her respective district based on the standing instruction of JEEViKA State Project Management Unit.
- Provide hand holding support to the HN Managers of assigned districts in conducting the assessment of capacity building activities of Staff and cadre
System Strengthening, Convergence and Advocacy
- Actively engaged with District Magistrate /Zila Panchayat /District Social Welfare & Health Functionaries.
- Coordinate with District Project Manager(DPM) of JEEViKA to bring out HN as a core mandate of them and advocacy for HN integration
- Represent JTSP in different forums in his/her assigned districts. Facilitate PCI’s representation in Key policy /Advisory and Technical bodies.
- Hand holding and mentoring support to the HN Manager and other thematic managers towards integrating HN in JEEViKA
- Provide need-based support to JEEViKA for HN integration in JEEViKA platforms
- Coordinate with different stakeholders and JEEViKA to ensure the convergence for the benefit of the community associated with JEEViKA.
- Provide support to HN Manager in organizing the district level HN review meeting of Block Project managers (BPM) and same at Block project implementation unit(BPIU) levels for Area coordinators (AC), Cluster coordinators (CC) and Master resource persons (MRP).
Community Mobilization and Social Behavior Change communication (SBCC)
- Support DPCU/ HN Manager in conducting different types of community events or campaigns to bring out behavior changes in the practices.
- Support HN Manager in convergence activities with other line departments for Ananprasan Diwas, Village Health Sanitation and nutrition day (VHSND) etc.
- Support community platforms of JEEViKA towards integrating HN interventions.
- Support DPM and HN Manager in establishing review mechanisms at community platforms like Cluster level federation and Village organizations.
- Support BPIU and BPM; in identification of cluster and panchayat level resource persons like MRP and Community Nutrition Resource Person(CNRP)to strengthen community institutions and HN integration.
Management, Monitoring, Knowledge Management and Communication
- Generate monthly brief district HN reports including success stories on Behavior Changes, collective actions. Positive deviance
- Provide analyzed data and reports on training, community events, other implementation as per programmatic requirements
- Provide support to DPCU and BPIU in developing a mechanism of timely MIS entries
- Support and ensure the block wise Gap analysis on HN theme at a regular interval for necessary improvements
- Participate in the district level BPMs review meeting and share the findings and feedback related to HN integration
- Develop six monthly visibility plan for the district in consultation with JEEVIKA and PCI team.
- Supervise HN Officers in the assigned districts, develop the work plan and ensure program delivery effectiveness.
- Manage the budgets, grants, finance and operations in the assigned districts.
- Bachelor’s degree/ Diploma in Rural Development/Social work/Sociology/Community Health or related field from a reputed university/ institute.
- Candidates with Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)/Master’s degree in relevant field will be given preference.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience of working with large scale capacity building efforts particularly involving Government agencies and programs.
- Good understanding of Quality assessment and support during large scale training programs.
- Good understanding of Government programs related to self-help groups, health, nutrition and sanitation.
- Knowledge of issues related to Community Mobilization, Maternal child health and nutrition and Sanitation.
- Familiarity with National Health Mission (NHM), Integrated Child Development Services (ICDS) and National Rural Livelihood Mission (NRLM).
- Exceptional strategic engagement and relationship building skills, including the ability to supervise and motivate staff effectively
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills with demonstrable ability to lead influence and motivate others.
- Exceptional communication skills and abilities, self-confidence, energy and a strong spirit of teamwork.
- Versatility to combine self-management and self-driven when working alone with productive team membership when working with the team.
- Good Communication Skills: English writing and reading skills, proficiency in other regional languages will be a plus.
- Ability to plan and organize a substantial workload that includes complex diverse tasks and responsibilities.
- Sets and maintains high standards of performance for self and effectively encourages other staff to do so
Location: Districts of Bihar - Katihar & Muzaffarpur
- All applicants to send their updated resumes along with the subject line: Application Regional Officer Health and Nutrition
- Mention location preference
- Share the application and cover note on email@example.com by 14th July 2020, 5:00 p.m.
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd