Organization: Indian Institute of Management Sirmaur
Apply By: 13 Mar 2020
Location: (Himachal Pradesh)
About the Organization:
Indian Institute of Management, Sirmaur (IIM Sirmaur) is one of the newer institutions of the Indian Institute of Management family in the country. Taking forward the legacy of the IIM brand, IIM Sirmaur is committed to delivering quality education, training and research in the management sciences. IIM Sirmaur is focused on developing indigenous knowledge and practices in an enabling environment. The Institute strives for the seamless integration of management education with local and global aspirations with the understanding that management education is not just about seeking the most competitive employment opportunities, but rather about learning to serve socioeconomic concerns through ethical and visionary corporate leadership.
Position: Research Associate (On Contract)
Applications are invited for the positions of Research Associates in the following areas:
- Environmental Management
- Economics/ Public Policy/ Sociology/ Analytics
- Culture and Organisation Behaviour
These positions will provide young scholars the opportunity to work with faculty members in respective areas to deepen their understanding of subject matter and also develop a working understanding of the roles and responsibilities of academic life. It is hoped that such experience will help them in choosing careers in research, teaching, academic administration or even civil services.
Roles & Responsibilities:
They envisage the following six roles in ascending order of importance and complexity:
- Assist in developing research proposals, searching collaborative projects opportunity/ projects funding, organizing research seminars and conferences, assist in day to day academic matters etc.
- Track videos, story lines in social media and identify literature gap analysis.
- Guide and counsel student projects related to Waste Management and Livelihood, Sustainability, Unnat Bharat Abhiyan etc.
- Assist in drafting research proposals.
- Assist in field studies/ data collection/ data analysis/ preparing budget for projects/ preparation of project reports/ project plans etc.
- Any other task as assigned by the competent authority from time to time.
Qualification & Experience:
- Typically, a candidate must have Master’s degree (M.Sc./ M.Tech in Environmental Sc. or Tech. / Masters in Economics/ Public Policy/ Sociology or in any relevant allied field) with 60% marks from a recognized University/ Institute.
- Candidates should be preferably below 30 years of age. Candidates are expected to be fluent in conversation, written communication and computing skills. Ph.D. in the relevant area of specialization is desirable.
Tenure: This is a contractual position, initially offered for a year and renewable on a yearly basis subject to satisfactory performance and work behavior. The maximum tenure for the Research Associate position will be for four years.
Remuneration: Depending upon quality of qualification and experience, selected candidates will be paid a monthly consolidated salary of Rs.30,000
Interested candidates may email their detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by 13th March, 2020. The subject of the email should be “Application for the position of Research Associate in the area of ………………….”
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd