Senior Advisor & Team Leader - Environment & Climate Change
Apply By: 24 Jan 2021
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
About the Organization:
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the United Nations' global development network. They advocate for change and connect countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for them. They provide expert advice, training and grants support to developing countries, with increasing emphasis on assistance to the least developed countries. They promote technical and investment cooperation among nations.
Position: Senior Advisor and Team Leader, Environment and Climate Change
Duties and Responsibilities:
Leads strategic policy and overall guidance for the Environment and Climate Change portfolio:
- Provides thought leadership and identifies strategic policy and programme issues in close collaboration with national partners;
- Guides, designs and formulates components of UNDP Sustainability portfolio translating programme priorities into local interventions and ensuring coordination and networking with clients, stakeholders and programme partners;
- Conducts thorough analysis of the political, social and economic situation in the country and collaborative preparation/revision of project documents and other documents in the area of Sustainability;
- Ensures contribution to the CPD though ongoing Sustainability programmes and projects and in collaboration with main partners and other UN agencies;
- Identifies opportunities for new programme/project development including joint programming with UN agencies;
- Collaborates with colleagues in Bangkok Regional Hub (BRH) and HQ to apply in country programming new global and regional initiatives, polices and knowledge products that further the Sustainability Portfolio.
Establishes and maintains strategic partnerships and leads resource mobilization:
- Leads and maintains strong and strategic working relations with Government counterparts as well as well as other national stakeholders and international partners;
- Explores and identifies new initiatives and partnerships for further UNDP engagement in India with a view to expand contribution to results in all UNDP mandated areas involving a broad range of stakeholders and to ensure sustainability and growth of the programme office;
- Promotes long-term sustainability and growth through the establishment of strategic partnerships with a variety of stakeholders and the securing of financial support by governments, international, public and private sector donors in the country;
- Engages proactively and closely with the UN Country Team with a view to design and implement joint programmes where relevant and participate in joint resource mobilization activities.
Ensures effective management of the country programme portfolio in compliance with UNDP policies:
- Leads, organizes and coordinates implementation of all Sustainability project activities in close collaboration with colleagues as well as with Headquarters and BRH as required;
- Coordinates and guides UNDP activities/programme/ projects in close coordination with national stakeholders;
- Liaises with Government counterparts, funding and development partners and other partners for the smooth implementation of activities;
- Manages the Portfolio team and provide proper guidance to and supervision of staff, employees and consultants;
- Prepares/produces a variety of written outputs, such as background papers, correspondence with governments, working papers, mission reports, analyses, briefings, communication/visibility material, presentations, policy proposals and documents, regular and ad hoc reports;
- Conducts timely project, budget and grant reviews, revisions and monitoring, and complete related reporting obligations, in accordance with UNDP policies, UN rules and regulations as well as applicable donors’ requirements;
- Ensure sound design, planning, management and coordination associated with the design and implementation of the programme strategy, including by preparing thematic interventions, detailed and costed work and staffing plans for the timely and realistic achievement of projects’ objectives;
- Undertakes other tasks as required for the smooth implementation of the programme.
Establishes and maintains strategic partnerships and supports resource mobilization:
- Oversees and ensures effective CO partnerships and resource mobilization strategies to achieve programme outcomes;
- Develops ideas and concepts for possible areas of cooperation;
- Establishes close working relationships and creates programmatic linkages with relevant government agencies; UN Agencies, IFI’s, bi-lateral and multi-lateral donors, private sector and civil society;
- Suggests programmatic areas of co-operation based on UNDP´s strategic goals, country needs and donor priorities;
- Identifies funding opportunities for ongoing and new projects;
- Identifies and supports development of national partnerships for service provision to projects in areas such as monitoring, training, and others;
- Represents UNDP at external meetings within his/her area of programming.
Required Skills and Experience:
- An advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in an environmental discipline, political/social science, social affairs, law, international relations or related field, is required.
- A first-level university degree in similar fields in combination with nine years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of 7 years with a Master’s degree or 9 years with Bachelor’s degree, of progressively responsible experience in environment, climate change or sustainability policy/programme/project management.
- Additional years of relevant professional experience highly desirable.
- Experience of working with UNDP or another UN agency would be an asset.
- Proven ability to work effectively in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams.
- Proven programme management experience with sound knowledge of all aspects of the project cycle (design, implementation, monitoring & evaluation).
- Strong interpersonal and written and oral communication skills
- Good written and spoken English.
- Fluency in national language.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd