Senior Associate - GEGEP
Organization: Room to Read
Apply By: 31 Oct 2020
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
About the Organization:
Room to Read is a global organization transforming the lives of millions of children in low-income communities by focusing on literacy and gender equality in education. They work in collaboration with local communities, partner organizations, and governments to develop literacy skills and a habit of reading among primary school children and ensure girls can complete secondary school with the skills necessary to negotiate key life decisions.
Position: Senior Associate, GEGEP
The Senior Program Associate will be based at the National Office. S/he will be responsible to support the custom projects related work in India Country Office in achieving the Country goals set out for the Girls Education Program as a part of the Girls Education Program Department team. The position requires experience in core themes of gender & life skills. The person will have demonstrable experience and expertise in areas of programmatic content creation, training designs, programmatic analysis, visioning program trajectories, program management and budgeting. This position will require frequent travel to the entire concerned field areas Room to Read works in, as well as regular interaction with key stakeholders like state teams, partners, field staff and colleagues in different offices.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Design and Thought leadership
- Thorough understanding of the Girls Education and Gender Equality program (both Demo and Custom Project) including its objective, approach, historical evolution, strengths and constraints; develop a broader understanding of issues and practices related to girls’ education in the country, the policy framework, latest research in the area and available data and information.
- Develop a through understanding on the Custom Project in Telangana and other states by reading the program proposal, Implementation Calendar, budget, program notes and other reading materials. Studying the existing documents from the ongoing Accelerator Program in CH and RJ to develop through understanding of the program. Reading of all the LS sessions, training manuals etc.
- Participate in events, workshops and seminars on girl’s education. Develop a network of well-wishers and supporters.
- Help Communications Dept. to develop outreach materials for GEGEP including brochures, case studies, films etc.
- Rendering support to the team on organizing visibility events, help create visibility and thought leadership of RTR
- Collectively working with SPM and the GEGEP INCO team in content development of Teachers Handbook, Student Handbook, e-content and other training manuals.
Strengthening Program Quality
- Developing Presentations, Program Notes, status update etc. to be shared during the internal meetings and meetings with the government officials; rendering support in donor reporting and the state team in advocating with the govt. to institutionalize the life skill sessions in the school
- Rendering support to the state team in planning of teachers and wardens review meeting and participate in teachers/ warden meeting, teachers/ warden training etc., state level consultation and workshops on behalf of CO
- Studying the LS Observation Forms and work with the state team on program quality and corrective measures
- Regular coordination and meetings with the state team and other departments regarding the program implementation status, analysis of dashboard, budget and other programmatic aspects
- Rendering support to the INCO and SO in preparing for the community event and state level community campaign; process documentation, institutional memory creations
- Rendering support in preparing the training agenda, working on the training design and coordination with INCO departments and the state team regarding the training of the Accelerator team and Teachers/ Wardens Training. Provide assistance in rolling out the Training of the Accelerator Team and Teacher and Wardens.
- Regularly undertake program monitoring visits. Observe quality of program and program fidelity at the field level. Share observations with state GEP team, State manager, SPM and INCO Prog Ops, along with suggested actions. Writing Field Visit Reports
- Supports the Senior Program Manager to develop standards and checklists for defining the quality parameters of the programs and shares and takes on board for further discussion and follow up with team at State level
Engagement with Other Departments for programmatic support
- Meeting with RM&E on data quality monitoring visits and follow up all the concerns and ensure resolution; input in the base line, end line and other KAP studies whenever required.
- Review AP&B submissions of state to ensure that guidance has been followed. Highlight areas of non-compliance to prog ops.
- GEP Review meetings: Collaborate with Prog Ops in planning and organizing GEP Review meetings. Review program progress and challenges during the GEP review meeting
- Team meeting on the cross-sharing of learning from the experience of Telangana Accelerator program and rendering support to another accelerator program as and when required
- Contribute to QPR, Annual Reports, Donor reports, and other documents as necessary
- When required Program Officers liaison with other departments like administration and finance for follow up on Requisitions for workshops, logistics, payments, other services required like translations etc.
- Liaise closely with Operations on tracking spending and initiating corrective measures for budget utilization and Donor reports
- Any other task assigned by supervisor
Qualifications and experience
- Master’s degree in education/Social work/development studies/Gender or social sciences
- Minimum 4 to 5 years of experience.
- Demonstrable experience of working and understanding on gender lens
- Experience of working in the areas of secondary education, girl’s education, life skills
- Experience in developing training modules, learner content, conducting trainings and managing events
- Flair for using research for program enhancement
- Experience of working with the government, government schoolteachers
- Ability to travel frequently and spend time in the field.
- Brilliant skills in English and Hindi;
- Eye for detail
- A flair for writing
- Operationally sound, understand the details of field implementation and has a lower turnaround time
- Prior experience working with schools, teachers, and government officials.
- Prior experience in working on scale-up programs
- Fluency in Telugu language
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd