Senior Documentation & Knowledge Management Officer
Apply By: 24 Sep 2020
About the Organization:
Jhpiego is a nonprofit global health leader and Johns Hopkins University affiliate that is saving lives, improving health and transforming futures. They partner with governments, health experts and local communities to build the skills and systems that guarantee a healthier future for women and families. Jhpiego translates the best science and practice into moments of care that can mean the difference between life and death for women and families. In India, Jhpiego works across various states in close collaboration with national and state governments, providing technical assistance in the areas of family planning, maternal and child health, strengthening human resources for health, and non-communicable diseases.
Position: Senior Documentation and Knowledge Management Officer
- Leads the documentation and knowledge management work of USAID’s project NISHTHA and oversee other HWC programs documentation work
- Ensure regular documentation of the achievements of the program and develop various knowledge products including process documentation, lessons learnt, policy briefs etc
- Ensure the increased visibility of NISHTHA’s achievements among various stakeholders including MoHFW and USAID by developing various communication products including brochures, success stories, photo stories etc.
- Manage digital communication platforms (like twitter, LinkedIn etc) more effectively and increase the digital brand engagement of NISHTHA at national and international level
- Manage sub-grants of NISHTHA relating to communication and community engagement
- Ensure timely and quality reporting including weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports and any other donor requirement
- Ensure regular internal communications through ICO notes and support Jhpiego communication team for developing factsheets highlighting the project
- Develop high visibility communication products such as audiovisual films, short video commentaries for showcasing NISHTHA’s work
- Support in organising key events of the project including dissemination events to showcase the work of NISHTHA among external stakeholders
- Develop high quality communication and documentation products and social media tiles for HWCs as per the request of MoHFW
- Coordinate and maintain the repository of all materials to enable cross learning and sharing
- Build the capacities of the program team to ensure quality documentation and communication
- Work closely with the Documentation team to streamline NISHTHA’s documentation and knowledge management
- Support the Chief of Party in ideating and increasing the visibility of NISHTHA through regular twitter posts, twitter campaigns, ted talks and other new high visibility mediums
- Support the Chief of Party in building the social inclusion and equity portfolio of project NISHTHA and documenting the achievements
- Perform or assume other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English and a good knowledge of Hindi.
- Strong editing skills and ability to tailor communication materials for different audiences.
- Strong organizational skills to establish and maintain communications knowledge bank.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate comfortably with varied audiences.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks within deadlines.
- Willingness to learn and adapt new things.
- Willingness to travel intermittently.
- High level of integrity.
- An interest in Public Health.
Qualifications/Knowledge and Experience:
- Post-graduation in a related subject of Social Sciences/Mass Communication/ Public Health/ Social work
- 7-8 years of relevant work experience in communications, documentation and knowledge management preferably in the not-for-profit sector in India.
- Advanced knowledge of grammar, usage, and editorial style and guidelines.
- High proficiency in MS Office (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook), especially working with styles and templates.
- Knowledge of basic designing tools and video editing softwares (Canva, Filmora etc)
- Excellent writing skills and have previous experience in similar tasks or report writing and quality documentation
Jhpiego is an equal opportunity employer and offers highly dynamic and enabling work environment. Jhpiego provides competitive compensation based on experience and background. Interested candidates should submit their application with a covering note clearly stating the position and location to email@example.com.
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd