Senior Project Officer (Program Officer )
Organization: Indian Institute of Technology Madras
Apply By: 03 Jul 2020
Location: Chennai(Tamil Nadu)
About the Organization:
Indian Institute of Technology Madras is a public engineering institute located in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. As one of the Indian Institute of Technologies (IITs), the are recognized as an Institute of National Importance. IIT Madras has been ranked as the top engineering institute in India for four years in a row (2016–2019) by the National Institutional Ranking Framework of the Ministry of Human Resource Development.
Applications are invited for the following temporary post of Senior Project Officer (Program officer) at the Conference Secretariat, Office of the Dean, Global Engagement, IIT Madras
The programme officer is expected to establish a conference secretariat at IIT Madras, with the aim of organising world-class conferences—virtual and regular—round the year at IIT Madras. The key idea is to give complete administrative support to faculty, who will take care of all the scientific aspects of a conference. The programme officer is expected to manage all the tasks related to the conduct of a conference end-to-end, from initiation to closure, including liaison with speakers, co-ordination with administration, travel, finance and other offices, right until preparing an audited expense statement and a closure report.
- Provide support to the Dean, Global Engagement office by establishing a conference secretariat, which will co-ordinate all the necessary activities required for successfully running conferences.
- Strong coordination between Dean’s office and faculty members of IIT Madras and their scientific collaborators for effective and smooth conduct of various meetings
- Maintaining effective communication, conducting regular surveys, documentation, and sharing information among the various stakeholders
- Coordination with various other offices across IIT Madras (e.g. administration, finance and accounts, guest houses, etc.) for effective and seamless running of conferences and meetings
- Master’s Degree in education, business development, international development, business administration, communication or a related field.
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering/sciences may be an advantage.
- Required 05-10 years of admin experience with Good English skills and Good managerial skills.
- Organizing weekly meetings and follow-up
- Support new initiatives as and when required
Duration: Two years Duration (Initially for a period of 1 year, extendable further)
Pay Range: Rs. 1,00,000 /- pm to Rs. 1,50,000/- pm.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd