Senior Research Associate – Qualitative Analysis
Organization: Centre for Chronic Disease Control (CCDC)
Apply By: 29 Feb 2020
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
Position Vacant: Senior Research Associate – Qualitative Analysis
Number of Position: One
Project (Location): Delhi/NCR
Duration: 1 Year, extendable to 3 years
Centre for Chronic Disease Control (CCDC) is a registered not-for-profit research organization of health professionals and social scientists engaged in knowledge generation and knowledge translation for the prevention and control of non-communicable (chronic) diseases in varied settings of the developing countries. CCDC holds recognition as a research organization from the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research (DSIR) and a Centre of Excellence in Clinical Research, recognized by Clinical Development Service Agency, Department of Biotechnology, Government of India.CCDC is also a WHO Collaborating Centre for Surveillance, Capacity Building and Translational Research in Cardio-Metabolic Diseases in South East Asia Region
Food systems, from farm production to the food environments influencing consumer choice, arechanging rapidly around the world. Current food systems face important challenges in providingnutritious and environmentally sustainable food for all. The complex nature of these systems means that solutions are not always simple or obvious, and range from those focused on agricultural production through to influencing consumer demand. The Sustainable and Healthy Food Systems (SHEFS) programme funded by Wellcome Trust, is an innovative programme of research that seeks to connect environment, food system and health research. It aims to map and quantify interactions in the food systems through global and regional analysis as well as case studies in India and South Africa, and provide policy makers with novel and interdisciplinary research evidence for action. This large multi-disciplinary research programme includes components on primary data collection, secondary data analyses, policy analyses and scenario modelling. The project will provide an excellent opportunity for those looking for post-doctoral experience with the opportunity to collaborate with leading researchers in India and UK, for building an independent and exciting career in this intersecting area of public health research.
Job Responsibilities :
- Help to conceptualize and plan empirical research in specific SHEFS research activities.
- Carry out a range of tasks to help accomplish the SHEFS research initiatives: review literature, contribute to development of tools/guides for interviews and focus groups, conduct interviews with a range of stakeholders – government officials, researchers, key stakeholders, farmers and traders etc., analyse the data and write-up results for publication.
- Suggest innovative methods to collect analyse data using qualitative methods
- Contribute to mixed-methods analysis of data collected under SHEFS
- Help prepare reports and policy briefs arising from SHEFS research.
- Collaborate closely with other SHEFS research partners in planning and carrying out the
- Prepare and make presentations on research undertaken.
- Liaise with study partners in UK and with study implementation team in Visakhapatnam and Sonipat.
- Mentor early career researchers.
- Any other task assigned by the Supervisor.
PhD in Sociology/Anthropology
Experience:3 years of experience in conducting qualitative studies using a range of methods and publications in peer-reviewed journals.
Salary range-: Commensurate with qualifications, experience and present CTC
Please send detailed CV along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org the title “Senior Research Associate - Qualitative Analysis” in the subject line. Last date for sending your application is Last date for sending application is 29th February 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd