Senior Sector Manager – Chemicals
Organization: British Deputy High Commission
Apply By: 17 Jul 2022
About the Organization
The High Commission of the United Kingdom in New Delhi is the chief diplomatic mission of the United Kingdom in India. It is located at Shantipath in Chanakyapuri district.
The Indian chemicals industry stood at £142 billion in 2019 and is expected to reach £243 billion by 2025 registering a CAGR of 9.3%. The demand for chemicals is expected to expand by 9% per annum by 2025. As the Department for International Trade (DIT) lead for Chemicals, you will have a critical role to support UK exporters to dramatically grow the volume of trade in Chemicals sectors with India through strategic campaigns, pipeline development and by supporting UK companies to translate these opportunities into export wins.
Strategy development: Reporting to your D6 Cluster Manager (CM), you will bring an in-depth understanding of the Indian chemicals sector and have a strong network on the ground. You will use this to co-develop sector strategy with your CM identifying where to target activity which adds greatest value to our UK business customers. This will involve market analysis and close working with colleagues across the British High Commission (BHC) and in the UK.
Campaign development and delivery: You will be responsible for translating this strategy into campaigns plans to build high value deal pipelines that win business and deliver against our stretching targets. You will use project management techniques to drive team activity to deliver campaign objectives and ensure effective management of high value opportunities/top deals (£30 to £50 million) in your sector.
Strategic relationship management: Working closely with your CM, you will identify, access and account-manage senior level relationships in the UK and Indian companies and with key stakeholders and government departments, trade associations and multipliers related to the sector more broadly. As a representative of UK Government, you will need to project credibility and have the ability to influence and lobby to achieve your goals. You will input to wider corporate objectives especially around Ministerial/VIP visits including the preparation of high-quality, “Minister-ready” briefing and speeches.
- Develop and own sector strategy and work on execution. Responsible for translating strategy into campaigns plans that build high value pipelines of opportunities; connecting UK companies to these and providing tactical support to get these deals over the line. (approx 30%)
- Using project management techniques to drive delivery of the marketing events and of high value opportunities/top deals to ensure delivery of targets including, Export Wins and Overseas Development Investments. (approx 20%)
- Building and managing senior level relationships with key Indian and UK businesses, stakeholders and partners within the sector, across the BHC team and in the UK to support objectives and deliver value for UK business. (approx 15%)
- Helping UK companies in consultation with trade policy teams to overcome their market access barriers. (approx 25%)
- Overseeing all team activity and events and managing sector budgets; providing timely and accurate performance management information.(approx 5%)
- You will be responsible for promoting corporate behaviours across the network. You will contribute to wider corporate objectives especially around high level visits (approx. 5%).
Education Qualification/Required Skills & Experience
- Graduate/post graduate. Candidates without the required educational qualifications but with exceptional practical experience will be considered.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant commercial/business development experience in the Chemicals sector.
- You will need to have strong analytical skills to apply this to identifying key opportunities and risks for the Chemicals sector.
- You will need to be strategically aware to identify emerging opportunities in India, and to what is happening in the UK in the Chemicals sector.
- You will need to have excellent interpersonal skills and be a credible and strong team independent leader capable of working independently.
- You will need to have experience of developing and managing productive relationships with senior stakeholders and partners, and of using these to deliver.
- In terms of experience, strong commercial experience in a business facing role, good project management skills and proven leadership capability in a senior role are critical if you are to be successful.
- You will need excellent verbal and written English skills. You will be expected to produce written work in Standard English to a very high standard.
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
- Experience of working in/with UK companies’ knowledge of the business environment and of UK business related policies.
- A good knowledge of the UK Chemicals sectors.
- Experience of leading a team remotely.
- Marketing and presentational skills.
For more information Please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd