The overall objective of this assignment is to develop and write a three-year business plan (2021-2023) for the organisations (hospital and associated institutions and businesses), in close collaboration with the management of the organisation.
FAIRMED is therefore looking for a business plan strategic consultant that provides strategic direction by creating a business plan for four of the five FAIRMED supported organisations (RISDT, GRETNALTES, SHLC, Hubli) in close collaboration with the management of the organisation, using an understanding of the hospital’s core operations, competitive advantages, and goals to provide direction on how to structure, run, and grow the business and make it self-sustained.
The consultant/agency shall provide a business plan document with the corresponding budget tables in hard and soft copy.
The consultant is requested to submit an offer to FAIRMED India (4-5 pages) in which she/he explains her/his approach, the methodology that will be used, a work plan with time schedule, references regarding their qualification and experience, a list of documents that the organisations have to provide to the consultant and two-three references of organisations, whom the consultant has supported in developing a business plan.
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
It is expected that the consultant being engaged has the following expertise:
- At least a master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Hospital Management or a related discipline
- Working experience/knowledge of Hospitals and NGOs, and in-depth understanding of their organizational structure, functioning and role
- Experience in developing business plans and strategic action plans
- Financial management experience with planning, forecasting, and business analysis; prior experience as an advisor to or executive at an early-stage company a plus.
- Proficiency with analytical and presentation tools
- A natural curiosity and a “big picture” mentality
- Experience of conducting market research, including analysing and synthesizing research reports and conducting primary research
- An understanding of marketing channels and go-to-market strategies
- Excellent spoken and written communication; comfort reaching out to and interviewing the organisation’s management, employees, and customer base
- Excellent command, written and spoken, of both English and desirably the language of the target state.
Report to: Country Coordinator
Role Type: Business Plan Strategic Consultant for Development of Business Plan for FAIRMED supported Hospital Projects.
Work Schedule: The process of the development of a business plan should start at the earliest in consultation with FAIRMED India and the concerned organisations depending on the current COVID-19 situation. In case a field visit is not possible due to Covid-19 online solutions can be mutually considered. The scheduled plan may be carried out for a period of 10 working days per organisation (including field mission and elaboration of the written business plan).
Job Type: Contractual
Salary: We will offer a fixed-term contract for the development of a business plan for each of the above mentioned organisations, which will include terms and conditions agreed upon during the signing of the contract between the consultant and FAIRMED India (ideally the same consultant can do this consultancy for all four organisations).
FAIRMED India shall pay a consultancy fee for a total of 10 days per organisation, whereas the travel, lodging and boarding for the assignment will be reimbursed additionally. The consultant is expected to make an offer of the consultancy fee for the total assignment on or before the 14th of August 2020.
Expected Hiring Date: 01/09/2020
Expected Start Date: 1/9/2020