State Consultant – FPLMIS
Organization: IPE Global Limited
Apply By: 10 Jul 2020
About the Organization:
IPE Global Limited is an international development consulting group providing expert technical assistance and solutions for equitable development and sustainable growth in developing countries. The group’s areas of expertise include Health, Nutrition and WASH, Urban and Infrastructure Development, Education and Skills Development, Private Sector Development, Environment and Climate Change, Social and Economic Empowerment, Governance, Grant and Fund Management, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning, and Information Technology & eGovernance.
Position: State Consultant – FPLMIS
The USAID-VRIDDHI project, focuses on scaling up interventions in the area of Health Systems Strengthening and Quality Improvement on Reproductive, Maternal, Neonatal, Child, and Adolescent Health (RMNCH+A), select states across India.
Strategic Alliance Management Services (SAMS) has been retained by IPE Global for deployment and management of Technical Consultants for supporting implementation of Family Planning- Logistics Management Information System (FPLMIS) software at the district level, in the states of the country. These Technical Consultants shall work under the guidance of Family Planning (FP) Division of the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, GoI as well as the project’s national team.
The State Consultant shall work under the supervision of the Regional Coordinator and support the roll out and implementation of FPLMIS in their respective states.
This is an excellent opportunity for outstanding public health professionals to support a high impact project adopting the holistic, continuum of care approach for improving family planning, maternal and child health indicators in the country.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support the implementation and roll out of FPLMIS, including the establishment of a comprehensive data collection and reporting system;
- Build the capacity of health functionaries responsible for store keeping and supply management of reproductive health commodities (including ANMs and ASHAs), with emphasis on logistics and supply chain management information system;
- Conduct regular field visits to provide support for the full operationalization of FPLMIS at the district and sub-district levels;
- Coordinate with NHM and other stake holders for the procurement, distribution and management of FP commodities;
- Ensure the timely assessment and processing of supply indents received by MoHFW through proper channels, for contraceptives and other FP supplies, to avoid stock outs in the state;
- Develop the capacity of state and district store officers responsible for the management of FP supplies, with a view to ensuring effective management of distribution channels, as well as inventory management;
- Conduct regular visits to districts for assessing the effectiveness of distribution channels, identifying critical bottlenecks and initiating appropriate measures at the Directorate level, to address the same;
- Develop monthly, quarterly and annual reports for submission to DFW through Program Managers, Family Planning;
- Work in coordination with DFW at the State and FP Division, MoHFW. Also ensuring close coordination with NTSU-FP and the Vriddhi project team;
- Carry out any other program related activities, as required.
Qualifications: Graduation in any stream with Master’s in Public Health or Social Sciences.
- Minimum three years’ experience of working at the state level;
- Prior experience in implementing public health programmes in association with the Govt. is desirable.
Essential Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to adapt and work in different environments;
- Ability to effectively managing multiple tasks, adopting a result- based management approach;
- Good analytical and planning skills;
- Good presentation and inter-personal skills;
- Knowledge of MS Word, Spreadsheet and presentation software;
- Excellent communication skills (both written and spoken);
- Ability to establish good professional relationships with district and block teams, as well as build partnerships at the district level with all stakeholders
Nature of Engagement: State Consultant shall be hired on a consultancy contract through Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd. (SAMS), a reputed Agency.
Compensation Offered: Gross compensation budgeted for the posts is attractive. Please note that offers shall be commensurate with the qualifications, experience and salary history of selected candidate.
Tenure: The consultancy contract executed with successful candidate shall be effective from the date of joining, till December 2020.
Location: One vacancy in Raipur, Chhattisgarh
Eligible candidates interested in the position are requested to apply using the link https://recruitment.samshrm.com/Jobs/ipe by or before July 10, 2020.
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd