Apply By: 05 Feb 2022
About the Organization
At PATH, we are a global team of innovators working to accelerate health equity so all people and communities can thrive. We advise and partner with public institutions, businesses, grassroots groups, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges.
The State Lead (SL) will work under the overall guidance of the Program Lead (PL) and National Team, to support implementation of rice fortification project. SL will be responsible for providing technical and operational assistance to the PL in implementing PATH’s fortification projects in the states, which includes advocacy, partner management, capacity building, monitoring and reporting functions.
- Lead the design and implementation of rice fortification through the Public Distribution System (PDS) at the state level, including marketing strategies to enhance uptake among PDS consumers.
- Facilitation of deliverables in the program, obtain necessary government approvals and from relevant government authorities as appropriate to address the proper implementation.
- Monitor the technical aspects of ongoing project activities through field visits, meetings with millers, government officials, analyse the progress reports and prepare project briefs.
- Implementation of the training and capacity building programs for stakeholders on fortification of rice & Ultra rice technology, QA/QC, M&E.
- Expand fortified rice production through blending with FRK in the State and support for installation of blending system and FRK extrusion system as appropriate.
- Assess and identify appropriate blending and validation equipment for small and medium sized rice mills and warehouse.
- Support state department on empanelment of NABL laboratories for fortified rice testing and ensuring QA/QC protocols as per FSSAI guidelines.
- Develop case studies of the various distribution pilots in order to disseminate best practices, as well as further engage entities the supply and distribution chain, enlist the support of policymakers, and cultivate new buyers.
- Lead the on-going development of an M&E system. Support state government departments in compilation of district level data/ reports received from rice fortification projects, identify gaps and suggest necessary corrective actions.
- Undertake stock assessment of fortified rice and FRKs through MIS for effective implementation.
- Support evaluation studies and formative research being carried out in the state.
- Dissemination and support in development of SBC materials in the regional languages, training modules, monitoring tools for the state government on rice fortification.
- Drive forward efforts to further optimize the formulation, equipment or manufacturing process parameters with R&D partners.
- Successful project delivery will include full implementation from initiation to deployment for one major or several minor initiatives simultaneously in the respective state.
- Reporting on program progress, trainings, workshops and meetings for the rice fortification project in the state across ICDS/MDM/PDS.
- Work towards inter-departmental coordination by leading and supporting State TSU.
Education Qualification/Required Skills & Experience
- Master’s degree in food engineering/ Agriculture/ Food Technology/Nutrition with five or more years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience in working within manufacturing environments in India and developing comprehensive SOPs.
- Proficiency in Project Management and engagement at the State level across multi-sectoral departments. Working experience with state government edp WCD, MDM and PDS departments is highly desirable
- Demonstrated experience in implementing Food Safety and Quality Control Systems (HACCP & GMPs).
- Demonstrated experience in developing and testing validation protocols within manufacturing or other processing environments.
- Demonstrated experience working with food-based products and/or agricultural commodities
- Experience in the rice industry, familiarity with rice milling, food extrusion processes is highly desirable.
- Excellent report writing and proficiency in MS office and statistical analysis software will be an added advantage.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders.
- Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation, and report on project success criteria results, metrics.
- Ability to understand market and consumer perspective on staple food products and eating habits desirable.
- Experience in managing complex technical projects, ideally including the management of technical partners.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working with officials in the Government of India desirable.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time annually (mostly within the state, but on occasion to Country office in New Delhi).
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd