State Prison Coordinator
Organization: Solidarity and Action Against The HIV Infection in India (SAATHII)
Apply By: 12 Jun 2021
About SAATHII and GFATM Program
Solidarity and Action Against The HIV Infection in India (SAATHII), a registered non-profit organization, was founded with a vision to stabilize and reduce the spread of HIV/AIDS in India and ensure that people living with HIV/AIDS receive un-stigmatized, affordable and quality care, support and treatment. Headquartered in Chennai, it has branch offices at Kolkata and Hyderabad, and field offices at, Bhubaneswar in Odisha, Imphal in Manipur, Jaipur in Rajasthan, Ranchi in Jharkhand, and Nagpur and Mumbai in Maharashtra.
SAATHII aim to support the implementation of strategies proposed in the National Strategic Plan (NSP) for scaling-up and provision of HIV services in the Prisons and other intervention services like TB, STI and Viral Hepatitis inside the prisons
Job Description and Roles:
SAATHII currently has vacancy for State Prison Coordinator (SPC) position for Maharashtra state to be based in Mumbai respectively and responsible for GFATM projects in the prisons and in the public and private health sector. The position requires program implementation experience on HIV/AIDS, TB, STI and Viral Hepatitis.
State Director and the nodal person of the respective SACS Office(s). The SPC will be responsible for implementing project activities and for achieving the project deliverables in their respective geographies (single or multiple states, depending on the size of the states and number of project implementation sites).
The SP Coordinator’s roles and responsibilities are:
- Work under the guidance of Joint Director-TI of SACS or any other official designated by SACS and report to him/her along with reporting to SAATHII’s line manager
- Develop program implementation plan for the state and get it approved from SACS, prison department, and WCD
- Orient / sensitize all relevant state level stakeholders about the prison intervention
- Facilitate in signing the MoUs between SACS and Prison department / WCD / SJE
- Facilitate in getting the requisite approvals and permissions, and letters to district authorities from relevant departments towards initiating the project activities in the prisons and OCS in the respective geographies
- Organise state launch events and facilitate the establishment of State Oversight Committee (SOC) involving SACS, prison department, SJE, WCD, and state health functionaries (such as STO; representatives from TI projects, CSC and SLNs; and other health officials). Ensure regular meetings of the SOC to develop a coordination mechanism at the state level
- Support the State Director in the hiring and training of the Prison Peer Mobilizer (PPM)
- Support the PPMs in coordinating with prison and OCS officials for the selection of the Prison Peer Volunteers (PPV). Support the PPMs in training the PPVs on HIV and other related health issues and the project’s intervention model
- Support the PPMs in setting-up the District Oversight Committees (DOC) and attended DOC meetings as per requirements.
- Coordinate with SACS (BSD, CST, STI, and other divisions), STO, NVHCP, to ensure HIV, STI, and TB testing and treatment services for prisons and OCS inmates, and for ensuring uninterrupted supply of testing kits and other consumables.
- Saturate the coverage of prison and OCS inmates in the respective geographies, and ensure HIV services for all new inmates
- Coordinate with relevant authorities towards establishing F-ICTC, LAC, and S-OST (as per requirement) inside prisons
- Coordinate with the Social Justice and Empowerment (SJE) department and prisons for establishing Drug De-addiction Centres in prisons having large numbers of drug dependent inmates.
- Coordinate with the PPMs to ensure all STR cases are sent for confirmatory testing and treatment linkages
- Coordinate with the PPM and the DOCs for ensuring post-release linkages of inmates to HIV-TB services in their respective native districts
- Ensure that the PPMs are able to coordinate with the PPVs towards providing counselling on positive living and treatment adherence to the HIV+ inmates, and in educating those inmates on various social protection schemes and motivating them to avail the schemes
- Ensure that the PPMs are able to coordinate with the PPVs towards motivating the HIV+ inmates for giving consent to visit their families. Accordingly coordinate with the CSCs / SLNs / DLNs / TI projects for ensuring home visits for motivating the spouse / partner of the HIV+ inmates for getting tested for HIV, and educating and linking the family members to various social protection schemes
- Conducting sensitization workshops, meetings and training of prison officials and staff
- Supporting the PPM in organising various IEC and recreation activities inside prisons and OCS (such as mass awareness generation sessions, group counselling sessions, competitive games and activities)
- Coordinate with the PPM and the state and district level stakeholders in developing a Resource directory, and ensure a copy of the same is provided to all the prisons and OCS.
- Coordinate with the PPMs to ensure that all inmates are provided with a copy of the Resource Directory at the time of their release from the prisons and OCS, so that they are able to access those services, so that all the HIV+ inmates can find and reach the local DLNs / CSC and ARTC in their native districts, and other inmates (non-HIV+) can find and reach the local TI projects and other HIV related service provides in their native districts
- Coordinating with the State Director in preparing the annual, quarterly, and monthly plans of the project
- Support the PPMs in preparing their quarterly, monthly, weekly and day-wise plans
- Organise weekly and monthly reviews with PPMs. Analyse project data and provide feedback to PPMs on gaps to accelerate the efforts in achieving targets.
- Visit the prisons and OCS on a regular basis to provide handholding support to the PPMs and to monitor the progress of project activities.
- Participate in monthly, quarterly, and annual review and planning meetings of the SR/SU
- Develop monthly, quarterly, annual and other reports as and when required and share with all key stakeholders.
- Ensuring accurate documentation at sites and timely submission of reports to PR, SACS, and prison and OCS authorities.
- Represent the project in the state level review meetings, and other meetings as per project requirements
- Ensure timely submission of SIMS reports from all the Prisons F-ICTCs
- Ensure accurate and timely submission of monthly plan, daily log, timesheets, travel advance requests, and expenses claims and bills to the SD
- Support in development of IEC materials to be used in the prison setting
- Support in conducting research studies to be undertaken within the prison settings
- Undertake any other activities as instructed by SACS / TSU and / or reasonably required by the project and the organization.
Qualifications and Skills:
Post Graduate in social work / social science / management with 1-2 years of experience of working on HIV projects. Graduate candidates with more than 3 years’ of relevant experience will also be considered. Experience of working on prison interventions / TB projects / GFATM projects or TI/LWS projects will be an added advantage. The qualification criteria will be relaxed for suitably experienced candidates who are ex-convicts.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and regional language of the state.
- Programme management and networking and advocacy skills
- Sound computer skills, including use of internet and MS officeTM software
- Willing to travel extensively using public transport services
- Ability to work with large network of health care facilities from the government, private and non-governmental sectors
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and meeting timelines
- Ability to work as a team player in a complex, multicultural environment
This position requires a minimum of 12-15 days travel in a month to the districts and blocks with the designated state and outside, as per needs.
The salary offered for the position is Rs. 40000.00 to Rs. 45000.00 commensurate to last drawn CTC, experience and relevant skills and knowledge.
To apply: Please submit a comprehensive CV in English with a supporting cover letter, including the
names of three references (including a current or most recent employer), as well as expected salary, last salary earned, and required notice period.
Candidates are requested to fill and paste the below details in 1st page of the Resume.
- Highest Qualification
- Relevant Experience (Years)
- Present Location
- Preferred Location
- Present CTC (all inclusive)
- Expected CTC
- Notice Period
- Mobile Number
Send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org specifying the Job Title and Job Code.
SAATHII seeks qualified and experienced applicants who can work in a multicultural environment with diverse teams comprised of people of diverse religious and language backgrounds, sexual orientations and gender identities. SAATHII is a secular institution working to create an environment of zero tolerance for prejudice based on religion, caste/community, gender, sexuality, and gender expression. Qualified applicants who are HIV affected, women, and/or belonging to sexual/gender minority populations are encouraged to apply.
Please send both the CV and Cover Letter as attachments only and avoid writing Cover Letter in mail body.
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd