State Program Officer
Apply By: 30 Sep 2020
Title: State Program Officer – COVID-19
Location: Mumbai (Maharashtra)
PATH is currently recruiting for a State Program Officer – COVID-19 to provide support on an upcoming PATH’s COVID-19 work in the multiple states of engagement and ensure project success through activities such as advocacy and support to the State, tracking deliverables, coordinating efforts, and identifying and managing critical risks.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide. International development and global health represent one of the greatest opportunities for the impact of digital technologies on a global scale. New technologies, approaches and tools are emerging daily, unfortunately into a fragmented and immature digital health market landscape that currently limits their promise to transform country health systems and accelerate and amplify progress towards national and global health goals.
The State Program Officer will have a background in health preferably medical microbiology and will assist the State and its COVID-19 technical support unit and provide technical assistance in increasing the access to COVID testing. It will involve engaging the laboratories across the public and private sector as well as other relevant stakeholders to improve COVID-19 testing capacities in the state. The State Program Officer will liaise with public sector laboratories to streamline and increase test throughput. The SPO will liaise with the private laboratories engaged by the state to help facilitate accreditation as per ICMR standards to increase capacity of the state to diagnose COVID-19 cases in the public and private sector. S/he will also provide inputs (and develop action plans subsequently) for activities outside the realm of the laboratory engagement to instituting mechanisms relevant to improving the testing capacities and reducing backlogs through differentiatial testing algorithms, sample collection and transportation, fast racking deployment of new and approved testing technologies as well as convening relevant partners and stakeholders at the state level.
The SPO will also be responsible for providing strategic direction for the implementation of the specific project related activities, assist the state in framing relevant research protocols related to COVID-19, guide, develop and execute project strategy and work plan, policies and manages critical relationships with stakeholders. May serve as subject matter advisor for other programs and projects. Performs a project management role for ensuring the successful delivery of the project in accordance with project deliverables and success criteria.
Overall program management
- Liaise with the State and other stakeholders to ensure implementation of relevant project activities
- Liaise with private sector laboratories engaged by the state and identify new laboratories to help facilitate accreditation as per ICMR standards to increase capacity of COVID-19 testing and diagnosis.
- Support existing public laboratories to ensure performance to standards
- Work with partner organization on projections of COVID-19 hotspot and other similar projections based on the requirement
- Liaise with the community-based organization for timely implementation of the potential solutions designed to improve the testing capacities and decrease the backlog of COVID-19 testing
- Convene and communicate with the relevant stakeholders at the state level to ensure a periodic update of their relevant work on COVID-19 in the state and strengthen partnerships
- Facilitate peer learning and sharing of best practices between districts and States
Facilitate review of COVID-19 activities and performance
- Assist the State government TSU in reviewing the activities / performance of laboratories across the state through monthly operational dashboards and periodical reports
- Support State in monitoring of the laboratories by participating in state evaluations/State Supervisory visits to ensure that Labs follows Standard Operating Procedures and maintain quality as per guidelines of ICMR.
- Support State in capacity building of staff of the testing Labs by participating in state level trainings
- Coordinate with the data specialist at the state office, to facilitate information flow from laboratories in the private sector to the COVID-19 database system
- Participates in developing and managing the budget for diagnostic services, if required.
- Oversees project(s) and program evaluation ensuring compliance with partner organization protocols applicable government regulations and organizational protocols.
Extend support to other TSG specialists
Work in close coordination with the WHO and other technical as also other specialists at the Technical support Group at the state
Required skills and experience:
- Post graduate degree in Community Medicine/ Medical Microbiology/ Public Health/ PhD in Microbiology
- Minimum seven years of experience in technical assistance support to government at state level, private health care institutions and project management
- Relevant experience in project management at regional or state level
- Experience in projects that involve liaising with Government institutions and private sector players/corporates/healthcare providers/NGOs
- Demonstrated professional leadership and ability to coordinate with a team of professionals in the implementation of development efforts
- Capacity to think creatively in dealing with policy and operational issues while maintaining a strong client and results orientation
- Knowledge of principles and processes of COVID-19, public healthcare in India & surveillance, conducting environmental and social impact assessments is preferable but not a must
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Knowledge of Hindi, Marathi in addition to English will be preferred
- Demonstrable problem-solving and analytical skills.
Intersted Candidates can mail their resume on firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "State Program Officer" and the location.
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd